2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Sabathia??? LOL at Fernando f***ing Rodney. (I realize he is deserving, it's just funny.)

And Harrison?

Jesus...Peavy is much more deserving than Harrison.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
It is betting odds, which means who people bet on is what determines the odds. Lots of Yankees fans in that group.

Well it depends on what odds...basically the odds makers have to open the line somewhere...and who they choose to populate the field is a big consideration. The goal is to attract as much interest as possible...having Peavy as part of that discussion is probably a lot smarter than having Harrison in there, who hardly anyone knows.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
It is betting odds, which means who people bet on is what determines the odds. Lots of Yankees fans in that group.

I forgot about that, duh. Sabathia is probably on there at 3-1 for the same reason the Cubs odds to win the WS are always so low

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
The only game I'm planning on going to is July 4th. And that's only because we got "free" tickets when we signed our son up for the Sox/Bulls summer camp. I would love to go to more games, but it's so damn expensive. Then add parking, beer, and some food?

Great post, Pitt. For some reason a lot of people on here don't believe cost is a factor in our s*** attendance. It is a HUGE factor. They have kept the average southsider from attending. it COSTS TOO MUCH!!

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
I could not possibly agree with you more Brotha!

It's been several years (I think Maggs was in right), but I could not believe what a lousy experience I had the last time I sat in the lower level. I think my company at the time bought the tickets. When I go to a game, I for some unknown reason, want to actually watch a game. We were about 10 - 12 rows from the field along the right field line, slightly behind 1st base.

People were constantly getting up and down, in and out of their seats, even during pitches. I don't know why people have such rude baseball, or any public event, behavior. I'm a very mild mannered man, and it takes a lot to get me angry; but boy was I pissed. I bet you I missed half of the game because someone was standing up to get in and out in front of me, usually right when the pitcher was starting his wind up. At that time I swore I would never sit in the lower level again and have not since.

Can you give me a section where the seats up there are great? I'll be back this summer ready to go to a few games.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)

It's been several years (I think Maggs was in right), but I could not believe what a lousy experience I had the last time I sat in the lower level. I think my company at the time bought the tickets. When I go to a game, I for some unknown reason, want to actually watch a game. We were about 10 - 12 rows from the field along the right field line, slightly behind 1st base.

People were constantly getting up and down, in and out of their seats, even during pitches. I don't know why people have such rude baseball, or any public event, behavior. I'm a very mild mannered man, and it takes a lot to get me angry; but boy was I pissed. I bet you I missed half of the game because someone was standing up to get in and out in front of me, usually right when the pitcher was starting his wind up. At that time I swore I would never sit in the lower level again and have not since.

This is exactly why my seats were in the club level. You can actually watch a game there most of the time. Its amazing. Baseball is at least 95% dead time, but the guy in front of you or the guy with the cotton candy always seem to be up and in your way as the pitch is headed towards home and Dunn is at the plate. If you can get a premium club level seat, they are pretty reasonable on stubhub usually, its the ticket to none of that.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

Part of that may be those seats are the most uncomfortable thing on the planet. I would want to buy the cheapest seat possible in an area where I can walk and stand.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 01:44 AM)
Part of that may be those seats are the most uncomfortable thing on the planet. I would want to buy the cheapest seat possible in an area where I can walk and stand.

Has anybody been to Dodger Stadium? On TV, lower level it really looked like there was a lot of space the way they do those blocks of seats in partitions.

That's the main reason I prefer the club level.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
This is exactly why my seats were in the club level. You can actually watch a game there most of the time. Its amazing. Baseball is at least 95% dead time, but the guy in front of you or the guy with the cotton candy always seem to be up and in your way as the pitch is headed towards home and Dunn is at the plate. If you can get a premium club level seat, they are pretty reasonable on stubhub usually, its the ticket to none of that.

Thank you DA, I'll look into that. My daughter hasn't decided yet exactly when she's coming home so I don't know what game we're headed to yet.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 08:24 AM)
Brewers switched up their rotation:

Fri: Greinke vs Sale

Sat: Wolf vs Humber

Sun: Fiers vs Quintana

I hope the word "salvage" isn't being used on Sunday.

Friday is very winnable. Check out Greinke's home/away splits since joining the Brewers:

Home: 15-0, 2.50 ERA

Road: 8-8, 4.80 ERA

And Randy Wolf's ERA is over 5 this year. Just hopefully Humber doesn't implode again.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 07:24 AM)
Brewers switched up their rotation:

Fri: Greinke vs Sale

Sat: Wolf vs Humber

Sun: Fiers vs Quintana

I hope the word "salvage" isn't being used on Sunday.

I do.....by the Brewers!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)

This is one of the things I love about Target Field. The ushers don't let people down during batters. Only between batters or innings.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 06:50 PM)
This is one of the things I love about Target Field. The ushers don't let people down during batters. Only between batters or innings.

Awesome. Probably because they are all hockey fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Has anybody been to Dodger Stadium? On TV, lower level it really looked like there was a lot of space the way they do those blocks of seats in partitions.

That section is called the Field level box. They are expensive tickets. I sat in row B, 2 from those sections. There are 4 seats, with a little bench/table in front of you to eat on and what not. Good view too.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Yeah, like if you hit 3 home-runs, you throw your hats on the field, or when your team scores, you toss a squid on the pitcher's mound.

Every time the Sox score, they play Chelsea Dagger. :headbang