2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 01:28 AM)
Can't wait til Michael Kay gets to remind Yankees fans about Quintana.

Or Phil Rogers.

The Blue Jays had yet another starter get hurt last night, with Henderson Alvarez leaving the game against Boston due to a sore elbow. He’s expected to avoid the DL, but the Jays already have three of his rotationmates there: Brandon Morrow (oblique), Kyle Drabek (elbow) and Drew Hutchinson (elbow).

Now comes word today that Nestor Molina, the top prospect the Jays parted with to get Sergio Santos (also injured) from the White Sox over the winter, has been placed on the DL at Double-A Birmingham with an elbow injury. His status is uncertain, but it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he misses a big chunk of the season.

FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi recently wrote a glowing article on the Blue Jays’ young arms, taking shots at Oakland’s 2002 “Moneyball draft” in the process. The Jays now employ more area scouts than any team in the league, and it might well be helping them identify talent other clubs have missed.

nbchardballsports.com

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Or Phil Rogers.

The Blue Jays had yet another starter get hurt last night, with Henderson Alvarez leaving the game against Boston due to a sore elbow. He’s expected to avoid the DL, but the Jays already have three of his rotationmates there: Brandon Morrow (oblique), Kyle Drabek (elbow) and Drew Hutchinson (elbow).

Now comes word today that Nestor Molina, the top prospect the Jays parted with to get Sergio Santos (also injured) from the White Sox over the winter, has been placed on the DL at Double-A Birmingham with an elbow injury. His status is uncertain, but it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he misses a big chunk of the season.

FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi recently wrote a glowing article on the Blue Jays’ young arms, taking shots at Oakland’s 2002 “Moneyball draft” in the process. The Jays now employ more area scouts than any team in the league, and it might well be helping them identify talent other clubs have missed.

nbchardballsports.com

So is this implying that the Blue Jays are doing something to cause all of these injuries? The implication, or maybe it's my inferring, are not quite clear to me.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
So is this implying that the Blue Jays are doing something to cause all of these injuries? The implication, or maybe it's my inferring, are not quite clear to me.

Either that or drafting players with iffy mechanics.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Chris Sale, an excellent candidate to start All-Star Game for AL, has about 95 IP this season. Career high (college, pro) is 136.

That's only true if you don't count the Cape Cod League.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Which means no All-Star appearance.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

Sale will get an extra day of rest before his next start Tuesday vs. Texas. Lined up to pitch first-half finale vs. Toronto.

That's clearly deliberate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
Which means no All-Star appearance.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

Sale will get an extra day of rest before his next start Tuesday vs. Texas. Lined up to pitch first-half finale vs. Toronto.

I'm both happy and sad at that...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
I'd love to see the recognition, but at the same time, why waste the innings?

The kid deserves some national attention. This team gets almost none. If he wasn't starting, maybe like an inning would be nice.

Whatever, he'll still be named an All-Star and get to go to KC so that'll be nice for him.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
This is the best Alex Rios we've seen. There might be something to his relationship with Ozzie.

Ozzie actually stood up for him last year. Rios almost came to blows with KW. It appears when Alex Rios is interested in being a good player, he plays like a good player. The key is keeping him interested in that all the time.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
Ozzie actually stood up for him last year. Rios almost came to blows with KW. It appears when Alex Rios is interested in being a good player, he plays like a good player. The key is keeping him interested in that all the time.

Some how I doubt he stood up for Rios, but more did it to screw with Kenny.

Kinda liking Jordan Danks..... Dayan needs to produce or we may have a replacement waiting in the wings I know he's young, but it appears he assumes he has the position locked up. What is Tanks stats the last week or so?