Konerko dh

Rios rf

Viciedo lf

Ramirez ss

Flowers c

Beckham 2b

Peavy p

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

Jake Peavy will donate $24,100 toward pancreatic cancer research after 241 strikeouts were recorded Saturday.

Jake Peavy ‏@JakePeavy_44

241 total strikeouts yesterday! 24 in our game (most on day) & 21 in Padres game (2cd most of the day) isnt it ironic how things play out!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 10:18 AM)

Jake Peavy will donate $24,100 toward pancreatic cancer research after 241 strikeouts were recorded Saturday.

241 total strikeouts yesterday! 24 in our game (most on day) & 21 in Padres game (2cd most of the day) isnt it ironic how things play out!

Am I bad guy for not liking this? What I mean is, is he out there on the mound thinking about this, trying to strike guys out?

It's not like yesterday would have mattered, but I'd rather not have players donating money based on their own performance.

He's got Twitter. He's got the Sox team PR dept. at his disposal. There are many ways to get the word out to donate to causes.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
Am I bad guy for not liking this? What I mean is, is he out there on the mound thinking about this, trying to strike guys out?

It's not like yesterday would have mattered, but I'd rather not have players donating money based on their own performance.

He's got Twitter. He's got the Sox team PR dept. at his disposal. There are many ways to get the word out to donate to causes.

Yes you are a bad guy.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)

I agree. Why not just make a donation and bring recognition to the cause by having an on-field presentation before a home game?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 10:18 AM)

I like how he made it about the entire day. It was not about just his performance but the leagues. Great guy and happy to see that there are still guys in the MLB that do great things like this.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
Leyson Septimo is awfully good. That slider of his is nasty.

Make him a starter.

Joking. Well, just a little bit.

He was the #14 prospect in the D-Backs system after 2010.

14) Leyson Septimo, LHP, Grade C: Great arm from the left side, converted outfielder still working on his command.

Edited by caulfield12

The Sox, who cut their player payroll by $30.9 million according to Forbes' calculations, were ranked as the fourth best spending team, behind Baltimore, the New York Mets and Pittsburgh and ahead of Washington.

Forbes also cited the reduction of large salaries helping the Sox stretch their dollars further. The Sox elected not to re-sign Mark Buehrle (now with Miami) while trading slugger Carlos Quentin to San Diego.

The five least improved teams, according to Forbes, were Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Detroit, Arizona and San Diego.

Trib

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Prediction...

If Sale pitches deep into the game tonight, Charlie Leesman will start on Sunday.

Sunday's starter is now listed as "TBA" instead of "Sale". Maybe they are holding out on the possibility that he gets the starting nod, if not, maybe they pitch him Sunday. Either way, I say let the kid do it. Skip him Sunday, and let him pitch the ASG. It's a huge honor for a young player, and it will cut about 5-6 innings off his total.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
@ChuckGarfien

Kenny Williams on possible deals before the trade deadline: "There's always one more move to make.

fap fap fap fap!

He's been saying those words for over 10 years.

Sox are now 4 games worse than their Pythagorean. Worst in the AL, second to the Cardinals.

Hopefully they correct to that level in the second half.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 11:58 PM)
Deunte Heath is getting called up according to twitter with Crain going on the D.L.

Edit: It was the @SouthSideSox twitter feed.

Just shows their runs scored in blowouts have made things quite uneven.

Have a disproportionate number of blown saves. Bad record in one run ballgames and extra innings.

If anything, that's encouraging for a better record in the second half as that kind of stuff always evens out over time.