2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
It was defensive second baseman and alot of scouts backed him on it. He was all world there. Probably would of posted the highest UZR ever (and multiple GGs) if he could actually hit.

He can hit a little, you just have to take the good with the bad. He's a .220 hitter who won't walk much but will hit you 15-20 home runs. If you can handle that at 2B, then he's perfect.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
He can hit a little, you just have to take the good with the bad. He's a .220 hitter who won't walk much but will hit you 15-20 home runs. If you can handle that at 2B, then he's perfect.

Which is actually a lot like Beckham, unless he can ever learn to consistently drive fastballs or lay off them out of the zone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Alex Rios has more hits, runs, RBI, 2Bs, 3Bs, SBs and 3 fewer HRs than Paul Konerko and no one has squawked 'All-Star snub.' Rios included.

Paul Konerko has the highest OPS of any 1b in the American league and a higher OPS than Rios by nearly 100 points. Rios has the 9th highest OPS in the AL among qualified outfielders.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 11:58 PM)
Kenny said that Chris Sale is going to get at least 1 more "two week break" at some point in the season to give him a rest and hopefully delay his shutdown at the end of the season. Now that last half was speculation on my part, but the "two week break" was straight from Kenny.

Didn't they just have another MRI in the last 2-3 days to compare the results from the first one?

White Sox enter today's play with only three teams having better records....NYY, Rangers and Washington Nationals.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 07:05 PM)
Half of the Yankees roster is ex-Sox.

I think this may have been KW's plan all along? Infiltrate the Yankees and when October comes along they all fold for their old team.

QUOTE (th0mas35 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Does anyone think that taking mid-season breaks may do more harm than good? This isn't exactly an exact science..

No, with what the team did to his arm last year, a mid-season break or two is exactly what they should do with him.

Looking to go to a game in August against the LAA, but it's been so long I don't know where to sit. Anything in particular I need to know? Looking at Section 139 or thereabouts

Any chance the Sox scouts were in St. Louis today to scout Randy Choate? He'd be a nice situational LHP. Lefties are hitting .148 vs him and his WHIP vs lefties is 0.70.

Also, he's only due about $500K the rest of the year and his contract is up after the season ends.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Any chance the Sox scouts were in St. Louis today to scout Randy Choate? He'd be a nice situational LHP. Lefties are hitting .148 vs him and his WHIP vs lefties is 0.70.

Also, he's only due about $500K the rest of the year and his contract is up after the season ends.

If they were in St. Louis today, they were scouting Anibal Sanchez.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:42 AM)
That's what we were speculating in the other thread, any confirmation?

I highly doubt there will be any confirmation, but it's going to be extremely hit or miss and a general waste of money sending a scout to see a reliever seeing as how there's no guarantee that said reliever will pitch and if they do, it will be for 2 innings at the most if they're a general middle reliever and more likely 1 or fewer, and the Sox certainly aren't going to be trading for anyone in either starting lineup.

That leaves 1 player who hasn't been eliminated.

Now, if they were there for the whole series, then Ricky Nolasco is a possibility too, albeit not a very appealing one. But if the Sox can get the Marlins to eat most of the contract and give up very little, he'd be worth a shot. They certainly aren't going to be scouting Carlos Zambrano because getting melodramatic fools like him would leave the possibility of tearing that clubhouse apart.

Anibal Sanchez seems like the likeliest person of the group.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)

The one thing I promise you the scouts aren't looking at is lefty relievers.

Does anyone know where I can find a link for a white sox updated payroll chart? The Sox are in a unique situation as they may finally have some financial flexibility next off season. I would like to see where they currently stand. Can someone send me a link??

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 10:28 AM)
Does anyone know where I can find a link for a white sox updated payroll chart? The Sox are in a unique situation as they may finally have some financial flexibility next off season. I would like to see where they currently stand. Can someone send me a link??

Baseball-Reference.