2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 07:32 PM)
Danks coming back up per the Durham Bulls broadcast. He was pulled in the middle (no injury) of the game and left the DBAP already. Sucks, I wanted to see him tomorrow when I go to the game :/

If this is true then his being sent to Charlotte did not cost the Sox an option year since he was in the minors for less than 20 days. He's still sitting at 3.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
If this is true then his being sent to Charlotte did not cost the Sox an option year since he was in the minors for less than 20 days. He's still sitting at 3.

That also means De Aza is heading to DL most likely.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
I plan on going to see the Sox in the following games:

@BAL 28 AUG

@BAL 29 AUG

@DET 1 SEP

MIN 4 SEP

Can someone do me a favor and help me project who I'll see pitching for the Sox in those games?

I have time to sit down at the computer now so if I counted the calendar days right, it looks like...

@BAL 28 AUG - Sale

@BAL 29 AUG - Peavy

@DET 1 SEP - Liriano

MIN 4 SEP - Quintana

Danks is 26. Doesn't really matter whether or not they used one of his three option years this year. If you need to use an option on him when he's 30 then he's not really worth keeping.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:34 AM)
Danks is 26. Doesn't really matter whether or not they used one of his three option years this year. If you need to use an option on him when he's 30 then he's not really worth keeping.

Agreed but it was one of the complaints when he was sent down.

Mariners have Beavan listed as their Saturday starter, and Millwood pitched pretty good last night, so I would assume the Sox will miss Felix this weekend.

Vargas vs Peavy

Beavan vs Quintana

Millwood vs Floyd

If they get past Vargas on Friday, hopefully this is a sweep. Mariners have been very good lately.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Mariners have Beavan listed as their Saturday starter, and Millwood pitched pretty good last night, so I would assume the Sox will miss Felix this weekend.

Vargas vs Peavy

Beavan vs Quintana

Millwood vs Floyd

If they get past Vargas on Friday, hopefully this is a sweep. Mariners have been very good lately.

Yeah there is absolutely no reason for them to skip a starter for Felix on Sunday, so we should be safe.

The Mariners have been very good lately, but only at home. They have won 13 of their last 14 at Safeco. Only 3-6 in their last 9 road games.

Ok so i'm not sure where to put this but it does involve an ex-Sox, Nick Swisher.

Deadspin has been running a Q&A with an anonymous sports PR guy this afternoon. He's made contributions before but since he's anonymous who knows the validity.

Anyways, I just found the following question and answer humorous since Swish has been kind of a contentious topic here and how he got along with his teammates

Q: Best athlete feud we don't know about

A: Nick Swisher and his teammates

Link is here by the way. Some pretty interesting stuff throughout the rest of it too

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Ok so i'm not sure where to put this but it does involve an ex-Sox, Nick Swisher.

Deadspin has been running a Q&A with an anonymous sports PR guy this afternoon. He's made contributions before but since he's anonymous who knows the validity.

Anyways, I just found the following question and answer humorous since Swish has been kind of a contentious topic here and how he got along with his teammates

Link is here by the way. Some pretty interesting stuff throughout the rest of it too

Wow, there is some great, great stuff in there.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)

I bet if Swisher came to the Wsox when Ventura or almost anyone else was manager he wouldn't be so disliked here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
White Sox Talk ‏@WhiteSoxTalkCSN

!!! RT @ckamka: Here's something from last night: it's the first time in #WhiteSox history that 8-9-1 in batting order have all homered.

How is that possible? Not some time from 1995-2002? Wow.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Wow, there is some great, great stuff in there.

Everybody has to read that! Wow. All the cheating on wives going on. Every pro athlete cheats. Amazing stuff in that piece.

Thats great man, great read. I like how 80% of the questions have to do with sex or sexuality, really tells you where most peoples minds are.

I also like how he calls Lebron a douche and says he likes Jay Cutler. Awesome.