2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Orioles still not announcing a rotation for the Sox series, there's a good possibility they are trading for Joe Saunders, who has been scratched from his Dbacks start today.

edit: and now it's official. Saunders to Baltimore.

Edited by flavum

Who will get Floyds spot in the rotation?

It looks like the elbow tendonitis that he just came off the DL for a few weeks ago is probably going to cost him at least two or three starts, i.e., most of September.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
Those guys at MotownSports REALLY hate the White Sox. Like, a lot more than we hate the Tigers.

I hate hate hate the White Sox.

What a useless, classless organization.

Their team could be stricken from the earth and absolutely no one would care.

I can imagine no greater joy that the Tigers sweeping the rest of the season series and crushing their spirit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________

Mariners are useless. I hate the White Sox. This will be a 6 game winning streak for them after sweeping the Yankees. Thankfully the O's are good and they'll be in Baltimore so just maybe we can gain some ground.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________

Yeah...their scrubs are hitting home runs in their limited playing time. Our guys don't contribute much.

_________

Looking at the radar for Chicago...I think it's probably still 2.5 GB for the division.

_________

This is the second time they will have pulled this this year.

_________

Part of their deal with the devil.

_________

I will give up about 10 years of my life and go hit Sale's leg with a sharp object

_________

The Tigers have no one to blame for this than themselves. They had ample opportunity to catch and crush the Sox all year.

_________

The Tigers are 31-18 since July 1st, the Sox are 28-19 in that same timeframe. Both teams have been playing well. Thats the problem. I REALLY hope the Tigers CRUSH the Sux in head to head.

And f*** this crap, first it happened to us in Boston, now in Chicago. Theyve waited this long, they can wait a few more hours. Was rain a factor throughout the game with field conditions and such (ie, while Chicago got their go-ahead 2-run homer). Was it one of those "its bad but we will wait til the home team takes the lead then delay the game" type of deals? Of course if the shoe was on the other foot and Seattle was leading when the game was delayed, that clown harrelson would have a stroke.

_________

You know its funny, for a franchise that wants to start a riot everytime an umpire calls a borderline pitch against them (you know, the same thing that happens several times in ever single MLB game every day), the Sux sure have no problem winning a cheap game. I know they are the 2nd class citizen in their own city already, but still, from their pathetic attendance, their unlikable players, and of course the worst announcer the game of baseball has ever seen, there is SO much to hate about them, that I hope the Tigers not only crush them in the 7 head-to-head games, but that it comes with a whole bunch of fun little things, like bad umpire calls that make hawk explode, perhaps a nice line-drive off of Sales shoulder, you know, good stuff like that. ;-)

Just heard from a mariners fan on another board that in game 1, the go-ahead runner in the 9th inning was struckout on a 3-2 pitch that was called a walk. Wonder what hawk had to say about that???? And basically today they made Milwood stand for 15 minutes while they put Diamond Dry (Ms up 3-2), then they resumed the game, sux got a 2-run homer, then the game went into delay for good a few minutes later. You know what though, Karmas a b*tch...and i cannot wait to see when it comes back and bites them in the *ss.

Well damn, some people are bitter that their underachieving, overpaid team of fat guys and Verlander isn't living up to expectations. Enough to wish physical harm on Sale. That's some classless s*** right there. That'd be like me wishing Prince gained so much mass he'd collapse on himself like a blackhole and cease to exist. Last guy is right, Karma is a b****, as they've learned for wishing bodily harm on people.

And no matter what happens...

http://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM?t=40s

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)
Well damn, some people are bitter that their underachieving, overpaid team of fat guys and Verlander isn't living up to expectations. Enough to wish physical harm on Sale. That's some classless s*** right there. That'd be like me wishing Prince gained so much mass he'd collapse on himself like a blackhole and cease to exist. Last guy is right, Karma is a b****, as they've learned for wishing bodily harm on people.

Yeah some of the comments on their board are funny... Detroit fans calling other teams classless just doesn't make sense. Oh and they have just as many unlikeable players as us

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 03:53 AM)
Yeah some of the comments on their board are funny... Detroit fans calling other teams classless just doesn't make sense. Oh and they have just as many unlikeable players as us

As many? They have more.

It's Myers, AJ, Rios vs. Fielder, Cabrera, Young, Valverde

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:18 AM)

Mentalists!

Suppose, every team has some, but those guys quoted must be hurting really badly. :)

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)

To be fair, I'd be totally content with a meteor hitting Detroit and starting all over again.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 06:31 AM)
I find it funny that they called the Sox a second class citizen in their own city when Detroit is the armpit of America.

Armpit would be a upgrade for Detroit. I think Kabul is a vacation destination compared to Detroit.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 07:49 AM)
Saturday is Liriano vs Scherzer and Sunday is Sale vs Verlander.

Friday is up in the air for both teams, but for now, it's Floyd vs Fister.

Just talking about this last night with a fellow Sox fanatic (former minor league catcher and current scout and h.s. coach).

With the assumption that Floyd is DL'd (obviously, still TBD), then we both think Axelrod is called up to take his slot. Axelrod doesn't necessarily have that high big league ceiling, but he's proven that he's not likely to get rocked completely, and he has the ability to string some 0's together.

But, this is where it gets interesting ...

Don't plug-in Axelrod on Floyd's spot of Friday in Detroit. Instead, assuming he's at all on schedule, let him pitch for Quintana on Thursday in Game #4 in Baltimore. That gives Quintana that extra day of rest (and fly him into Motown early). And that sets up pretty well for the weekend in Detroit: Quintana, Liriano, Sale.

If you follow the schedule, you then stay in rotation for a bit until the Sunday, 9/9 Game #3 against the Royals where Peavy's turn would come up. On that day, skip Jake giving him a badly needed extra day of rest and having him available this time for Detroit, and choose one of the following for that Sunday game: (1) bring Axelrod back on short rest; (2) give a spot start to Santiago or Humber; or (3) give a spot start to a September call-up (maybe Leesman or Shirek).

By doing so, you set up for that four-gamer here with Detroit with your best four: Peavy, Quintana, Liriano, and Sale.

Neither of us are a fan of overdone rotation manipulation, but this manipulation is minor -- one extra day once for Quintana, one extra day once for Peavy -- and we set ourselves up in a really good way for the important 7 head-to-heads with the Kittie Kats!

Then, if we've bought a little cushion, find a way to give a bit of a blow to Sale, Quintana, and Peavy (in that order of importance of "needing" a blow) to have them hitting (pitching) on all cylinders come the Playoffs!

Cy- good thoughts.

Axelrod is scheduled to start tonight, so we'll see if that happens.

If they were going to set the rotation for Peavy to face the Tigers, they would have done it over the past couple weeks. Obviously things worked out well at home this past week, but I don't understand why they didn't give those guys an extra day around the KC series, and get Peavy to face Detroit twice. But that won't happen now. Maybe once as you said.

As far as sending Quintana ahead to Detroit, the game is at 12:35 eastern on Thursday. He should be ok staying with the team. I do like that idea of starting somebody else on thursday, and having Q face the Tigers on Friday night.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (CyAcosta41 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Just talking about this last night with a fellow Sox fanatic (former minor league catcher and current scout and h.s. coach).

With the assumption that Floyd is DL'd (obviously, still TBD), then we both think Axelrod is called up to take his slot. Axelrod doesn't necessarily have that high big league ceiling, but he's proven that he's not likely to get rocked completely, and he has the ability to string some 0's together.

But, this is where it gets interesting ...

Don't plug-in Axelrod on Floyd's spot of Friday in Detroit. Instead, assuming he's at all on schedule, let him pitch for Quintana on Thursday in Game #4 in Baltimore. That gives Quintana that extra day of rest (and fly him into Motown early). And that sets up pretty well for the weekend in Detroit: Quintana, Liriano, Sale.

If you follow the schedule, you then stay in rotation for a bit until the Sunday, 9/9 Game #3 against the Royals where Peavy's turn would come up. On that day, skip Jake giving him a badly needed extra day of rest and having him available this time for Detroit, and choose one of the following for that Sunday game: (1) bring Axelrod back on short rest; (2) give a spot start to Santiago or Humber; or (3) give a spot start to a September call-up (maybe Leesman or Shirek).

By doing so, you set up for that four-gamer here with Detroit with your best four: Peavy, Quintana, Liriano, and Sale.

Neither of us are a fan of overdone rotation manipulation, but this manipulation is minor -- one extra day once for Quintana, one extra day once for Peavy -- and we set ourselves up in a really good way for the important 7 head-to-heads with the Kittie Kats!

Then, if we've bought a little cushion, find a way to give a bit of a blow to Sale, Quintana, and Peavy (in that order of importance of "needing" a blow) to have them hitting (pitching) on all cylinders come the Playoffs!

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. And aren't the Tigers a worse hitting team vs. LHP, than RHP.