2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
Random thought: Does anyone remember Crede's Crew? Was anyone here a member of Crede's Crew?

Pretty sure someone was back on the boards in the last two - three years, a member of the Crede's Crew.

Hearing Juan Nieves on the Score, it sounds like Danks probably won't be ready Wednesday. No rush.

Maybe let Quintana start Wednesday, and send Danks to Charlotte for a few innings, then let him tell his brother he made the bigs and they got on the plane back together.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
Hearing Juan Nieves on the Score, it sounds like Danks probably won't be ready Wednesday. No rush.

Maybe let Quintana start Wednesday, and send Danks to Charlotte for a few innings, then let him tell his brother he made the bigs and they got on the plane back together.

And who leaves the big league squad to make room for Jordan Danks?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 04:46 AM)
You and one person thinking it was intentional does not make it intentional.

Paulie got hit in the face accidentally, you need to get over it.

I can't believe you guys won't at least admit Samarj was trying to drill paulie in the shoulder.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
Fuko is a perfect backup outfielder. Why in the world would Sox bring up Danks to sit?

I think at the price, Fukudome was a decent gamble and looked good on paper. What has he done in a Sox uniform? Nothing.

Jordan Danks isn't projected to be a starter in the big leagues any longer. He's at that age (almost 26) where he's played enough AAA baseball and he could be a valuable bench piece. De Aza has been great, but giving him a rest once every 10 days during the hot months would be a good thing, and that's where Danks can help. He can also go in on defense for Viciedo (who isn't bad, but Danks is better).

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
I think at the price, Fukudome was a decent gamble and looked good on paper. What has he done in a Sox uniform? Nothing.

Jordan Danks isn't projected to be a starter in the big leagues any longer. He's at that age (almost 26) where he's played enough AAA baseball and he could be a valuable bench piece. De Aza has been great, but giving him a rest once every 10 days during the hot months would be a good thing, and that's where Danks can help. He can also go in on defense for Viciedo (who isn't bad, but Danks is better).

Why is Danks an upgrade over Fukudome? The guy has a tough time making contact playing every day against weaker competition. I think he'd be hard-pressed to do anything playing as infrequently as Fukudome. Fukudome at least has done it before. Its best for Jordan and the Sox he not be called up to take Fukudome's place.

If Fukudome were in AAA, he'd probably be hitting over .300 and the consensus would be to call him up.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Why is Danks an upgrade over Fukudome? The guy has a tough time making contact playing every day against weaker competition. I think he'd be hard-pressed to do anything playing as infrequently as Fukudome. Fukudome at least has done it before. Its best for Jordan and the Sox he not be called up to take Fukudome's place.

If Fukudome were in AAA, he'd probably be hitting over .300 and the consensus would be to call him up.

Fukudome is 35, and I just don't think he's doing any good sitting on the bench.

Like I said, I think you can keep Danks involved in the game more as the season goes on. His splits have been very good this season other than striking out once a game.

We'll see what happens.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)

Fuko never plays; it's hard to do anything in that scenario. I'm thinking he's good to have around on this team. I would love to see Danks as a Sox. For that to happen, they'd have to release Fuko. It wouldn't bother me if they did that, but I think Fuko is good to have around as well. I'd be shocked if Sox dumped a guy who never plays and bring up a guy to never play.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Fuko never plays; it's hard to do anything in that scenario. I'm thinking he's good to have around on this team. I would love to see Danks as a Sox. For that to happen, they'd have to release Fuko. It wouldn't bother me if they did that, but I think Fuko is good to have around as well. I'd be shocked if Sox dumped a guy who never plays and bring up a guy to never play.

Can Fukodome play third? Just kidding, but third base is a problem area that is going to get worse. The Denver Post today re-enforced the notion that BoSox have Kevin Youkilis on the trading block; Cardinals are in that hunt.

Just noticed something weird....Viciedo only has 4 doubles.

Since April 26, 10 homers and 2 doubles. Weird. You'd think he would have more gappers that didn't go over the wall. Not that I'm complaining. Just interesting.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Just noticed something weird....Viciedo only has 4 doubles.

Since April 26, 10 homers and 2 doubles. Weird. You'd think he would have more gappers that didn't go over the wall. Not that I'm complaining. Just interesting.

Boy is strong

Three years of Gordon Beckham now in the books.

Total-

Games (436) - .248/.315/.388

Home (217) - .230/.306/.385

Away (219) - .264/.323/.392

I like the recent progress, but three years ago you wouldn't be able to convince me he'd be a .230 hitter at home the first 3 years of his career.

Edited by flavum

I wouldn't call Danks up to sit on the bench. Wait for an injury, if it happens, and you may find a diamond in the rough with Jordan Danks. I'm not sold that he can't be an MLB starter.

I'm surprised Hawk has gotten so much media attention after going off about the umpire. He's done it before and in that fashion as well. Thought I don't have a chance to listen to him much I remember he went off the same way about Brian Gorman for ejecting Buehrle ending his 46 game 6 inning streak.

Didn't he also go off about an umpire (forgot his name) because he called 2 balks on Buehrle for his pickoff move?

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
I'm surprised Hawk has gotten so much media attention after going off about the umpire. He's done it before and in that fashion as well. Thought I don't have a chance to listen to him much I remember he went off the same way about Brian Gorman for ejecting Buehrle ending his 46 game 6 inning streak.

Didn't he also go off about an umpire (forgot his name) because he called 2 balks on Buehrle for his pickoff move?

Joe West...the same one who called Santiago for a balk in Game 2, and has that idiotic Country & Western album he recorded

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)

The problem is media is infatuated with deadspin and twitter and Hawk dominated those ridiculous "social media" sites very shortly after the rant.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)

Yeah, I believe his Brian Gorman rant was way more epic than his Wegner one.