2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
Meghan Montemurro ‏@M_Montemurro

GM Kenny Williams on any way Sox potentially become sellers at trade deadline instead of buyers: "Oh hell no."

I love Kenny.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
#WhiteSox inquired on Ichiro. Were led to believe he was unavailable. #Mariners #Yankees #MLB -- Dan Hayes

Ok..

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
Which probably means Viciedo would have been traded for a pitcher

If they were willing to replace Viciedo with Ichiro, it pretty much tells me they're going to deal Viciedo for a SP.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)
If they were willing to replace Viciedo with Ichiro, it pretty much tells me they're going to deal Viciedo for a SP.

I'd rather have Pierre than Ichiro, considering Suzuki's salary they would have been on the hook for...

12:$17M$25M ($5M annually) deferred at 5.5% interest, reducing deal’s average annual value to $16.1M (deferred money to be paid in annual installments Jan. 30 beginning year after his retirement)

• limited no-trade clause allowing Ichiro to specify 10 clubs to which he may not be traded without his consent
  • performance and award bonuses, including $50,000 for All Star selection
  • interpreter, trainer, transportation for Spring Training & regular season

4 annual round-trip airline tickets from Seattle to Japan

• housing allowance: $32,000 in 2008, $33,000 in 2009, $34,000 in 2010, $35,000 in 2011, $36,000 in 2012

Anyone know if there's a record for number of days a Sox team was in first without making the playoffs? 62 seems like a lot to me (especially a bummer for a team I don't think will make the playoffs)

Anyone know if there's a record for number of days a Sox team was in first without making the playoffs? 62 seems like a lot to me (especially a bummer for a team I don't think will make the playoffs)

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)

Not sure, 2004 was the last team to be in first place on June 1st and not make it.

1994?