2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:03 PM)
5 times in 2010. Twins won all 5 of those starts.

Okay...I knew it was one of the last two years.

Considering he's been around since 2006....07, 08, 09, we didn't face him much, partly because of the rehab from TJ.

It was either 1 or 0 starts that whole time, before 2010, something like that.

2004 White Sox in First for 59 days (July 24th the last day)

2006 White Sox in First for 36 days (The last time on May 20th)

And even though I wouldn't count it the '94 Sox were in first for 84 days

RE: Third Base woes....I just saw that Ryan Roberts was DFA'd by D'backs. This guy is a pretty good player. I've probably seen him play 20-30 games. Somebody is bound to offer him a deal, but no one has had the third base woes that we have.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
RE: Third Base woes....I just saw that Ryan Roberts was DFA'd by D'backs. This guy is a pretty good player. I've probably seen him play 20-30 games. Somebody is bound to offer him a deal, but no one has had the third base woes that we have.

I'd take him in a second over Escobar or Hudson.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
I'd take him in a second over Escobar or Hudson.

Actually, he has played a fair amount at second. Certainly hits better than Gordo.

Just wanted to post pics of my new ASG gear, let me know what you think

Just an FYI, the BP Jersey is a "Dry Fit" Cool Base material and it's very very thin polyester/spandex and will not shrink easily in the dryer/wash. I usually buy XL-sized Majestic Jerseys and this one is XL and is big on me, so probably go a size smaller if grabbing one of these, anyways pics!

img1434kc.jpg

img1435z.jpg

img1436p.jpg

img1437fx.jpg

img1438lk.jpg

thanks! here's an interesting tidbit, after throwing it in the wash to get the wrinkles out, I had it in the dryer (you're not supposed to dry it in a machine dryer, but I used only ambient temperature, no heat)

it dried in 10 minutes! I'm guessing that's because of the material it's made from, pretty cool

MLB Stat of the Day ‏@MLBStatoftheDay

Since his first season in 2001, Adam Dunn is third in @MLB in home runs, first in strikeouts and first in walks.

Since 2004, there are only three players with 8 or more 30+ HR seasons: Pujols, Teixeira, and Dunn.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
MLB Stat of the Day ‏@MLBStatoftheDay

Since his first season in 2001, Adam Dunn is third in @MLB in home runs, first in strikeouts and first in walks.

I'm assuming if not for the anomaly last year in his power he would be higher in homeruns?

JINX!

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman

Gregor Blanco, Alejandro De Aza and Bourn entered today as only players (min. 200 ABs) who had not grounded into a double play this year

About 25% of De Aza's plate appearances are leading off the game, and the rest are batting behind a guy with a .285 OBP. He doesn't get many GIDP opportunities.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 01:25 AM)
detroit's last 12 games of the season are all against the royals and the twins. How the f*** does that happen?

That right there is the kiss of death for the Sox. The Twins and Royals will be playing minor leaguers to see what they have.