2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:16 AM)
His WHIP might be higher than his ERA over that span.

Make no mistake - he has been awful. Weird season for him.

1.35 WHIP. Heavily walk driven. 35% of the runners allowed have been walked. Opponents are not hitting well off of him during this streak. He's giving up .87 hits per inning pitched.

25.2 25 9 7 2 18 8 51 37 431 115 -- 2-2 0 sv 2.45

Floyds numbers for July. Thats 18 walks, 8 K's and 25 hits in 25 innings.

He's been awful, and gotten away with it. Now some of this is probably the tendonitis. Still not encouraging.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
25.2 25 9 7 2 18 8 51 37 431 115 -- 2-2 0 sv 2.45

Floyds numbers for July. Thats 18 walks, 8 K's and 25 hits in 25 innings.

He's been awful, and gotten away with it. Now some of this is probably the tendonitis. Still not encouraging.

He got away with it his last 2 starts, but still was able to limit damage, something he rarely does in April and May. He's had 3 real good starts since the middle of June, was horrid against the Yankees and battled pretty well his last 2 starts, allowing a ton of runners but no runs. I am not a Gavin Floyd guy, but to say he's been awful is not accurate. I'm all for advanced stats, and can understand the argument about wins and losses not being important, but now runs allowed isn't important?

Edited by Dick Allen

From a team perspective its pretty important, yes. When trying to predict a pitcher's performance going forward it is much less important. Guys who routinely allow a lot of baserunners and keep low ERA are pretty rare. It's too bad he hasn't gotten a lot of run support but I don't feel particularly bad for him because he hasn't been particularly good over that stretch, just lucky, and since the injury he has been downright bad.

Point is twofold -

1. Feel bad for PV not Floyd

2. DL Floyd.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 06:47 AM)
Liriano is listed on the Sox website as having #47.

McEwing is also listed on the Sox website as having #47.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/roste...ve.jsp?c_id=cws

They haven't added him to the roster yet, which means I doubt the convo took place. I would imagine he either takes 57 like his former mentor Johan, or McEwing gets some cash.

They haven't added him to the roster yet, which means I doubt the convo took place. I would imagine he either takes 57 like his former mentor Johan, or McEwing gets some cash.

He not listed on the active roster, but he's listed on the 40-man roster as having #47.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)

They will have to address the glut of unsold #47 McEwing jersies.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
They will have to address the glut of unsold #47 McEwing jersies.

Thankfully we don't have to worry about this tragedy.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox

The move clears roster space for newly acquired left-hander Francisco Liriano to join the White Sox. Liriano will wear uniform No. 58.