2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
Why do the white sox wear black socks with their uniform instead of white socks?

They actually wore white socks at one point. Back in the 70's I believe. It was not a good look. Maybe someone not as lazy as me can find a pic and post it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
...None of whom have played an inning for our DSL team, not one inning.

Because they just signed and they're 16. Settle down. They'll play. It's not like they're needed in the majors 2 years from now.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
And that includes a year and a half of Danny Wright

Eh, 19 starts in 2003 and 2004, 5 of which were actually quality starts. Since 2003, the Sox have played 1574 regular season games, and I don't think one guy who has accounted for 1.2% of those games started is really going to skew that statistic too badly.

That guy who wore 56, however, may skew that number juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit. I've heard he's good.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 01:38 AM)
Eh, 19 starts in 2003 and 2004, 5 of which were actually quality starts. Since 2003, the Sox have played 1574 regular season games, and I don't think one guy who has accounted for 1.2% of those games started is really going to skew that statistic too badly.

That guy who wore 56, however, may skew that number juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit. I've heard he's good.

Really? I thought he had at least almost a full season in 03. I guess when a guy never wins it just feels like more than it was

QUOTE (SoxnGiants @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
Not a good look???

2012_8_8_whitesox_shorts.jpeg

That is a horrible look, but that isn't the uni I had in mind. I think a recall a road uni in powder blue with white lettering and white sox. I seem to also recall some sort of sox logo patch on the side of the socks.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
That is a horrible look, but that isn't the uni I had in mind. I think a recall a road uni in powder blue with white lettering and white sox. I seem to also recall some sort of sox logo patch on the side of the socks.

Is this it?

dick-allen-72_01_25_12.jpg

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
September 2 at Detroit changed to 7:05...ESPN2

Same night as the season finale (mid-finale) Breaking Bad episode.

f***. We were talking about driving up to DET for the Saturday night & Sunday day games, then driving home Sunday afternoon. This means I might have to spend TWO nights in Detroit? Ugh.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
f***. We were talking about driving up to DET for the Saturday night & Sunday day games, then driving home Sunday afternoon. This means I might have to spend TWO nights in Detroit? Ugh.

The thing to do was always to stay in Windsor. Too bad that you need a passport to do that now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
The thing to do was always to stay in Windsor. Too bad that you need a passport to do that now.

No doubt, I have been to Windsor multiple times. But I'd be going to the games with my pregnant wife, so that eliminates bascially all of the fun activities that Windsor has to offer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
Unless Seattle pushes up Felix to pitch on his 5th day due to an off day, the Sox won't face him next week.

That's too bad. Usually pitchers who throw perfect games aren't the same after each start for a while.