2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Really? I thought he'd been pretty good overall.

(Getting rid of Teahen was the other bonus, and Stewart turned into Youk, those are the 2 other details.)

He's down to .225 with a .290 OBP this year and .214 with a mid .600 OPS during his time in Toronto.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Wow, sub Viciedo. I'm genuinely surprised, I thought he was better than that this year. Thanks for the info, glad we jave Alehandro.

When he was in town earlier this year, he was really on a roll, looking like the player a lot of people think he could be, but he's had some cold streaks and has been awful lately.

If I were making White Sox decisions and could have had him for Edwin Jackson with the team out of it, I would probably have done it, but there's no telling what getting Teahen off the books did. Who knows who wouldn't be with the team.

The guy has talent, but clashing with LaRussa will get you a reputation. I think JR is still thinking he'd like LaRussa with the Sox in some way, and Colby Rasmus on the roster probably doesn't increase the odds of that happening.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
I think JR is still thinking he'd like LaRussa with the Sox in some way, and Colby Rasmus on the roster probably doesn't increase the odds of that happening.

Yep, I'd be surprised if Chairman Reinsdorf didn't know how LaRussa felt about Rasmus and KW would of had a difficult time explaining why he traded for him.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 12:51 AM)
so it's looking like Detoilet will run out Porcello, Fister, Sherzer and Verlander next week. We'll have Quintana, Peavy, Liriano and Sale, does that sound right?

It'll probably be Santiago/Floyd/Axelrod instead of Quintana.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
Yep, I'd be surprised if Chairman Reinsdorf didn't know how LaRussa felt about Rasmus and KW would of had a difficult time explaining why he traded for him.

I'd bet money that was one of the reasons they didn't trade for him. Rasmus is a Kenny Williams special fixer-upper type player. Tony L panning him is the only good reason I can think of the Sox didn't take a shot on him.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Chris Sale 3rd in ESPN's CY standings, after Price and Rodney.

Can't imagine that Fernando will actually finish 3rd, but he's had a great season and thankfully not for the Tigers anymore.

Verlander's 6th, Scherzer's 8th.

Gio Gonzalez makes an appearance on the NL side of things. Cueto still the favorite over there, and Chapman's near the top as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Chris Sale 3rd in ESPN's CY standings, after Price and Rodney.

Can't imagine that Fernando will actually finish 3rd, but he's had a great season and thankfully not for the Tigers anymore.

Verlander's 6th, Scherzer's 8th.

Gio Gonzalez makes an appearance on the NL side of things. Cueto still the favorite over there, and Chapman's near the top as well.

So if Tampa doesn't make the playoffs and the Sox do does Sale win it?? (assuming his last few starts are good ones)

Good question.

No idea, guess everything's still pretty much wide open with 20+ games remaining...

NL would go to either Dickey or Cueto.

Theoretically, Rodney could split off some votes from Price, same with Scherzer and Verlander, although Max's ERA is still high enough where it would keep him from getting really serious consideration from most voters.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 08:46 PM)
Didn't see a thread to include this in, but I think Santiago is winning himself a spot in the 2013 rotation.

Absolutely agree...This offseason is gonna be a very interesting one as far as the rotation goes

Sale and Danks are the only locks.

Floyds option is reasonable enough that I think he's brought back.

Then you've got the young guns. Was Quintanas first 3/4ths of the season a "mirage"? If the White Sox think it wasn't and he merely hit a rookie wall then he should be a lock as well. I really like what I've seen from Santiago in his long relief outings and his starts, I really think he has what it takes to be, at the very least, a good #5.

Right there you've got a pretty cheap starting 5 of Sale-Floyd-Danks-Q-Santiago. They don't need to go cheap though.

It could go sooo many different directions though. Its gonna be really interesting to see what direction they go.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 03:14 AM)
How many lefties can the Sox have in their rotation?

RHP: Peavy, Floyd, Axelrod, Castro, Humber

LHP: Danks, Liriano, Sale, Quintana, Santiago

Those are your candidates currently on the Sox roster.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Quintana or Santiago go the way of BMac. Nor would I be shocked to see Peavy or Liriano resigned. Or Floyd traded. Or Humber as a throw in. Or Danks traded.

It's gonna be an interesting offseason.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 04:01 AM)
RHP: Peavy, Floyd, Axelrod, Castro, Humber

LHP: Danks, Liriano, Sale, Quintana, Santiago

Those are your candidates currently on the Sox roster.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Quintana or Santiago go the way of BMac. Nor would I be shocked to see Peavy or Liriano resigned. Or Floyd traded. Or Humber as a throw in. Or Danks traded.

It's gonna be an interesting offseason.

Danks being traded without the Sox absorbing salary coming off this injury would be more of a shock than the Marlins/Dodgers trade or Vernon Wells to the Angels.