2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the Sox have ever clinched on Fan Appreciation Day? I was looking at the schedule this morning & it looks like we'll probably have to do it in one of the last 2 games at home vs. TB or maybe the first road game vs. Cleveland. Hopefully we get it done at home and use the last 3 games vs. Cleveland as starter rest/BattleAxe time.

Does anyone know if the Sox have ever clinched on Fan Appreciation Day? I was looking at the schedule this morning & it looks like we'll probably have to do it in one of the last 2 games at home vs. TB or maybe the first road game vs. Cleveland. Hopefully we get it done at home and use the last 3 games vs. Cleveland as starter rest/BattleAxe time.

Clinching at home would require heading to Cleveland with a 4 game lead, and frankly I'd be ecstatic with a 2 game lead at that point. 4 game lead is a tall order.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

FOX has selected the #WhiteSox vs. Tampa Bay game on 9/29 at U.S. Cellular Field, which changes game time from 6:10 p.m. to 3:05

Anybody know what other games FOX is carrying, because if any of the other games involve the Reds, Cardinals, Braves, Yankees, or Rangers, there's no chance I'll get the Sox game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 05:22 PM)
Let's win the next 3, so we don't have to worry about Saturday or Sunday. That is, unless the Tigers go on a run too.

A 2-game lead going into the final 10 would be good with me.

It will remain very difficult for the Tigers to "Go on a run" because if they try to do so, their defense will wind up costing them a game somewhere. Their longest win streak of the year is 6 games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
It will remain very difficult for the Tigers to "Go on a run" because if they try to do so, their defense will wind up costing them a game somewhere. Their longest win streak of the year is 6 games.

And they also had a stretch where they went 13-2.

I'm not saying the Tigers will do this again, but it's still a day by day thing. They're home 9 more games, and at KC and Minnesota to finish. They're certainly in a good position to win a lot of games still. But they'll probably find a way to lose at least 3 or 4 more games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 07:06 AM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka

De Aza is first #WhiteSox leadoff man with 4+ hits in a shutout loss since Wally Moses (4-4) in 14-0 loss vs DET in gm 2 of 5/24/42 DBH

I remember Wally.

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien

Billy Butler: "If we take care of business against Detroit, (the White Sox) have a good chance to be in the playoffs."

Don't read this while shaving: the White Sox 12 losses to the Royals this season ties the all-time high set in 1973.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)

Billy Butler: "If we take care of business against Detroit, (the White Sox) have a good chance to be in the playoffs."

Don't read this while shaving: the White Sox 12 losses to the Royals this season ties the all-time high set in 1973.

They better take care of f***ing business against Detroit.

If rotations hold, this is what we're looking at:

9-21 Peavy vs Santana

9-22 Quintana vs Haren

9-23 Floyd vs Weaver

9-24 Sale vs McAllister

9-25 Liriano vs Kluber

9-26 Peavy vs Masterson

9-27 Quintana vs Shields

9-28 Floyd vs Moore

9-29 Sale vs Cobb

9-30 Liriano vs Hellickson

10-1 Peavy vs Kluber

10-2 Quintana vs Masterson

10-3 Floyd vs Jimenez

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
If rotations hold, this is what we're looking at:

9-21 Peavy vs Santana

9-22 Quintana vs Haren

9-23 Floyd vs Weaver

9-24 Sale vs McAllister

9-25 Liriano vs Kluber

9-26 Peavy vs Masterson

9-27 Quintana vs Shields

9-28 Floyd vs Moore

9-29 Sale vs Cobb

9-30 Liriano vs Hellickson

10-1 Peavy vs Kluber

10-2 Quintana vs Masterson

10-3 Floyd vs Jimenez

Wow, we have the 20% odds of missing David Price and do so?

That would be a huge break.