White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
DeAza CF, Morel 3B, Dunn DH, Konerko 1B, Rios RF, Alexei SS, Flowers C, Viciedo LF, Beckham 2B

Is it safe to say Flowers will be Peavy's personal catcher? Or at the very least, he'll catch about 75% of his starts? It's not like they have a day game tomorrow.

Maybe Flowers will catch for Peavy. However, Holland is a lefty thus that could be reason. Morel in 2nd spot again. Hope that he proves me wrong. I would like to see Viciedo batting at least ahead of Flowers. Viciedo was getting hot at the end of spring training. Potentially, maybe #5 in our order.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
Maybe Flowers will catch for Peavy. However, Holland is a lefty thus that could be reason. Morel in 2nd spot again. Hope that he proves me wrong. I would like to see Viciedo batting at least ahead of Flowers. Viciedo was getting hot at the end of spring training. Potentially, maybe #5 in our order.

Harrison is a lefty too tomorrow. Let's put it this way...when given a choice of days sitting AJ, he'll sit when Peavy starts. I think that's a safe bet.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
Yesterday was a tough frustrating loss, but win today and I will be happy. We have hit Holland well in the past, but Peavy has struggled against the Rangers. Hopefully that was a "not-100% healthy" Peavy and he says he is 100% now.

Closer situation is frustrating just b/c there is no need to hide that information. If it isn't closer by committee, I am thinking that they have fallen in love with Santiago and think that can be the next Mariano Rivera. If that is the case, then that means Santiago won't be moved into a starting role (like Sale) but molded into being a elite closer for a long time.

This could be good for the White Sox but Santiago hasn't proven yet that his is a major league closer. Guess we will probably find out soon. I am feeling better about our bullpen overall. I was worried a little bit since Sale moved into the rotation and Santos was traded. Still not sold on Nate Jones but if he doesn't work out there are other guys to try from AAA.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't think that. lol!

Why would you sit Viciedo against a LH pitcher?

That makes absolutely no sense.

He must have some type of nagging injury we don't know about.

They don't want to play Lillibridge in CF? Weird.

We play our three worst hitters in Morel, Beckham and Rios but sit our best young hitter, who happens to rake against LHP.

Sure, makes sense.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
Why would you sit Viciedo against a LH pitcher?

That makes absolutely no sense.

He must have some type of nagging injury we don't know about.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Morel is hitting 8th now( Viciedo's spot) with Lilli is hitting 2nd.

Ugh....DET is so good now.

Besides Alexei Ramirez and the Adam Dunn of old at DH, there's probably not a single player in their line-up they would prefer to start on their team.

And Peralta outhit Ramirez last year.

Mike Illitch is 82 this year year, and his only goal is to win a World Series title, hence, Prince Fielder.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
Ugh....DET is so good now.

Besides Alexei Ramirez, there's probably not a single player in their line-up they would prefer to start on their team.

And Peralta outhit Ramirez last year.

Mike Illitch is 82 this year year, and his only goal is to win a World Series title, hence, Prince Fielder.

I'm just assuming that the Sox best chance at the playoffs this year, as remote as they are, is to win the second wildcard over Boston, Toronto, and Tampa Bay. So Go Tigers over Boston. And at the end of the day, I'd rather have the Blue Jays in there over Boston, so again, Go Tigers.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
I'm just assuming that the Sox best chance at the playoffs this year, as remote as they are, is to win the second wildcard over Boston, Toronto, and Tampa Bay. So Go Tigers over Boston. And at the end of the day, I'd rather have the Blue Jays in there over Boston, so again, Go Tigers.

Right now, there are essentially six teams fighting for 3 spots.

If Kendrys Morales is 100% again and Trumbo can play 3B effectively, the Angels are arguably better than the Rangers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Right now, there are essentially six teams fighting for 3 spots.

If Kendrys Morales is 100% again and Trumbo can play 3B effectively, the Angels are arguably better than the Rangers.

Yeah I think the #1 Wildcard will be the 2nd place team from the AL West. I think both teams go over 95 wins, and the second wildcard is around 89-91 wins.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
Ugh is right ! I don't mind Lillibridge in because he hits lefties pretty good too but Viciedo feasts on them. Why oh why can't anyone bench Rios ? :P

Haha I wish it was Rios instead. Hopefully Tank is okay.

Off topic but I was watching the A's game yesterday & they were holding up a sign for Cespedes that said the "Cuban Missle". THIS IS NOT ALLOWED hahaha that's Alexei.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Ugh is right ! I don't mind Lillibridge in because he hits lefties pretty good too but Viciedo feasts on them. Why oh why can't anyone bench Rios ? :P

Ugh is right! The first regular season game I'll get a chance to watch this year and the Sox are starting a spring training lineup.

I hope Tank isn't hurt, but if he's healthy this lineup makes even less sense.