AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 games into the season, the theme seems like it's gonna be good starting, great bullpen, great defense (sans Morel yesterday), struggling to score runs at times/possibly all the time haha

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
I really think we can compete with Detroit, obviously a ton has to go our way but I just don't think the Tigers are as good as everyone thinks.

And congrats Robin/Santiago!!

If Dunn, Peavy, and Rios play like they're paid, then yeah, we can definitely compete.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
I really think we can compete with Detroit, obviously a ton has to go our way but I just don't think the Tigers are as good as everyone thinks.

And congrats Robin/Santiago!!

Their offense will be pretty good, but I don't like their pitching staff nearly as much as most others do. Porcello doesn't scare me. Fister is a mirage. Scherzer has great stuff but has bouts with inconsistency and stamina. And I don't even know who their 5th starter is. And Papa Grande is overrated.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
And Fister's already gone on the DL for an oblique injury.

Drew Smyly is their 5th....so they're going to have to use LHP Below or maybe Jacob Turner for awhile.

That should keep them from running away from the division in the first month or so.

s***, must replace him for fantasy team.

So it's really intriguing watching a game with a new manager, as it's so hard to figure out what he's going to do. So far, Ventura definitely seems like he doesn't care about lefty/righty match-ups all that much. We've yet to see any bunt attempts as well. I disagreed with leaving Thornton in to face Napoli, but Ventura seems to be asking players to prove their ability to him and not relying on previous season stats. I said this in the game thread, but I loved how he pitched out with 2 outs and 2 strikes. It didn't work, but we'll get a handful of easy outs this year doing that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
So it's really intriguing watching a game with a new manager, as it's so hard to figure out what he's going to do. So far, Ventura definitely seems like he doesn't care about lefty/righty match-ups all that much. We've yet to see any bunt attempts as well. I disagreed with leaving Thornton in to face Napoli, but Ventura seems to be asking players to prove their ability to him and not relying on previous season stats. I said this in the game thread, but I loved how he pitched out with 2 outs and 2 strikes. It didn't work, but we'll get a handful of easy outs this year doing that.

He definitely used Ohman the right way. Ohman's a LOOGY and nothing more. Ozzie didn't know what the hell that meant, apparently.