Dunn not the only candidate for Comeback Player of the Year?

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
This thread is stupid and beyond ridiculous. But if we're handing out post-season awards on April 7th, I'd say Chone Figgins is the favorite for CPOTY.

Call me crazy....but i don't believe for a second that Chone will hit 81 HRs this season!

Rios is the man! Go Alex!

Sign him to an extension Kenny before the dollars needed becomes crazy!

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
Call me crazy....but i don't believe for a second that Chone will hit 81 HRs this season!

Rios is the man! Go Alex!

Sign him to an extension Kenny before the dollars needed becomes crazy!

I... I can't.

Should we acknowledge that Rios also sucked badly enough last season that he too could earn the award? Yes. And now that I think about it, Peavy could with 20 wins. Come back from a surgery that no other pitcher has done.

And in some ways Rios has a better shot, he can play some D, which hopefully we won't see too much of from Dunn.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
Best case scenario is that Dunn, Rios and Peavy are the top 3 in the vote, regardless of who wins it.

And they don't even have to have career years to win the award. A pre 2011 average year would get them votes. And why 90 wins is probably more reasonable than 90 losses.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Don't forget Beckham, too.

Everything has a way of evening out. Opposing pitchers will make adjustments to Cespedes, too. He's not going to hit 120 homers, at least it's unlikely with the lack of protection currently available in the A's line-up.

Beckham can't win it. You have to have been there to 'come back'. Beckham had a couple of good months his rookie year, that's it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 11:46 PM)
This thread is stupid and beyond ridiculous. But if we're handing out post-season awards on April 7th, I'd say Chone Figgins is the favorite for CPOTY.

Hey cool, you and the thread have something in common!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
lol. I'm not even gonna respond to that clown. But what's the criteria for creating a thread these days? We've got "Da Manager" thread and "Cowley summing up the season" after one game thread and this trash? Terrible.

Looking past the titles there have been some interesting comments in each of those threads. You never know which thread will spark something.

• 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2012 -> 03:04 AM)
Dunn, Strasburg, Peavy, Kendrys Morales (out for nearly 2 years), Joe Mauer, Joe Nathan, Buster Posey, Jason Heyward, Johan Sebastian Santana, Jamie Moyer

There is a separate award for AL & NL.

Peavy did make 19 starts last year, although they were below average, so might not be as much of a "comeback".

Morales could be tough competition for Dunn, since he missed 1.5 seasons with that horrible injury, depends how well he hits all year.

Joe Nathan? He pitched 48 games last year w/ 14 saves. No chance.

Mauer is putting up the exact same numbers as he did in his 82 games last year. Plus I'm sure he gets hurt again.