White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:58 PM)
Morel gets to spend another day thinkign about going hitless in the first series. Sigh.

It's hard to always support line up decisions, but from what I have seen from Ventura he wants to get his subs in there quickly and not have them sitting around for days

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
It's hard to always support line up decisions, but from what I have seen from Ventura he wants to get his subs in there quickly and not have them sitting around for days

I hear it, I know, I know. Just was hoping Morel could get himself to a good first few games adn that hasn't happened.

Beckham #2. well deserved 'line-up promotion'. lol. Well, the lineup changed yesterday maybe it will change again. Perhaps Robin Ventura first gives out a rough draft, thinks it over, then changes it and hands in his final official lineup.

Escobar makes his 2012 debut. Floyd makes his 2012.

Other players not seen yet...#65 Nate Jones (MLB/WS debut), KoFuku(WS debut), Crain and Stewart and of course starters Sale and Humber (both coming up very soon)....Reed has been used the last two game thus good chance Crain and/or Stewart makes an appearance. Ventura said Fuku is getting a start in Cleveland, but maybe he will pinch hit tonite.

Just for the record, I am adopting Fuku as my 'fan favorite'. Thus, Go Fuku-do-me!

3 line-ups in 3 games so far...I think we're gonna have to see more of this with this particular team. The Sox just have too many guys who when they struggle...are an albatross in the line-up.

I am really happy for Alex Rios on his homer last night, but the guy we saw in his first 7 AB's this year was the same guy we saw all year last year and this spring. I would really like for him to prove that he didn't just run into one.

It's just such a fine line between sticking with a guy, and showing that you have confidence in him...and trotting out a line-up with a chance to win a game vs. a team like Texas. I have no problem with RV changing up the line-up everyday and seeing what works. I have no problem with him sitting Morel tonight. If Morel is too much of a mental midget to not be able to handle a couple of hitless games followed by a day off to clear his head, then he isn't a guy who needs to be in the big leagues anyhow. I think Brent will be fine. This is simply a day off to get Escobar's feet wet, and maybe give Brent the opportunity to view the game from a different perspective. I look forward to seeing what Brent can do Monday in Cleveland.

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 05:46 PM)
stupid mlb.tv blackouts means i can't watch the game on my TV! probably gonna catch some feed online... but not the same. :(

You can get this game through espn3.com.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
DeAza8-Beckham4-DunnDH-Paulie3-Rios9-AJ2-Lexi6-Viciedo7-Escobar5

Looks good to me....let's roll.

Escobar can play 3B?

And I really don't like Robin juggling the lineup this much. Guys need stability. Think of a good place to put somebody and let them stay there until they prove to you they can't hit.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
Escobar can play 3B?

And I really don't like Robin juggling the lineup this much. Guys need stability. Think of a good place to put somebody and let them stay there until they prove to you they can't hit.

For what it's worth, the Red Sox trotted nearly 140 different lineups last year. Say what you will about the late collapse, they were still a damn good team, and I don't think the different lineups were the reason for the fall.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
For what it's worth, the Red Sox trotted nearly 140 different lineups last year. Say what you will about the late collapse, they were still a damn good team, and I don't think the different lineups were the reason for the fall.

That probably had something to do with injuries. Nobody's hurt right now on this team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)

I agree, but it's the beginning of the season and he's seeing how guys look in different roles. Unfortunately, outside of De Aza, Dunn, & Konerko, the rest of the players don't really have obvious spots in the lineup. I have no problem with Robin taking a couple weeks to get the order set right and that requires trying different combinations.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
That probably had something to do with injuries. Nobody's hurt right now on this team.

Yes, that is very true, though that doesn't speak to how I feel about flexible lineups. There are a few guys that flip from 2 to 8 etc. and I'm not against seeing different lineups depending on who we trot out on any given day.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)

The Red Sox simply do not look like that great of a team right now. Nick Punto led off for them today. David Ortiz's protection was the Darnell McDonald. And that's not even touching their pitching staff.