White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
What did Beckham do this time?

Ran himself into an out at home? Where was McEwing when all this was transpiring?

Yeah, pretty much. Harrison made a nice play though, so I can't fault him that much.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make that 7 for 12, Hamilton v. Floyd

The dreaded inning after a blown scoring opportunity with RISP and no outs, which inevitably results in more runs scored for the opposition than even Hawk's dreaded leadoff walk stats.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
What did Beckham do this time?

Ran himself into an out at home? Where was McEwing when all this was transpiring?

Not a lot Super Joe could do when Becks broke on contact.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
Ventura has already shown the ability to be flexible with the line-up, so it wouldn't surprise me.

But it's the kind of thing that Dayan will need to prove himself to Robin for at least 3 weeks or so before he pulls the trigger on that big of a shake-up.

We'll just have to wait and see.

At least we're playing the Rangers tight all 3 games, no blowouts (yet).

I really like how Ventura is experimenting with the roster. Not sticking with the same crap every game. Switching it up to find the best combo. Hopefully Becks can do well in the 2-spot, thats the ideal line-up if we have 2009 Beckham in there.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
I think if RV finds some consistency, you'll see some consistent lineups.

Oh definitely, but I like that he isn't just sticking with a set line-up right now. Like Ozzie did for long periods of time. Sticking with the same stupid line-up (Kotsay comes to mind) even if it is showing to be garbage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
You just have to tell him to let them steal at will and don't try too hard to hold the runner.

Gavin's not real strong mentally, so yeah, I'd say that wouldn't be a bad idea.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
Oh definitely, but I like that he isn't just sticking with a set line-up right now. Like Ozzie did for long periods of time. Sticking with the same stupid line-up (Kotsay comes to mind) even if it is showing to be garbage.

Well, that's true, and I get the opposite opinion to give guys some consistency in the lineup. My disagreement with that is when you go up to the plate, it doesn't matter what spot you are in the lineup, just hit.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Floyd seems to just get killed with the long ball. Rolling right along and than a bomb.

First homer was a cutter in the middle of the plate. I didnt see the second bomb but Im betting it was his cutter.