White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Gordon Beckham makes me wish that we hadn't drafted anyone in 2008. I hate that guy with a passion.

I don't know . . . I think having a new regime without Walker is going to make a difference. Beckham already has looked a lot better (spring and in these three games) than last year. I think he ends up being closer to 2009 Beckham than 2011 Beckham.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 02:28 AM)
We've had about 3 timely hits this series in 15 opportunities. Sigh...

Considering how their hitters look and how ours look, it's hard to complain about this team thankfully winning one game.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
I don't know . . . I think having a new regime without Walker is going to make a difference. Beckham already has looked a lot better (spring and in these three games) than last year. I think he ends up being closer to 2009 Beckham than 2011 Beckham.

I hope he succeeds, no doubt. But when he has two horrible years versus one year of decency (don't forget, his average in 2009 wasn't anything amazing- it was .270) and then three games where he's 2 for 9, I'm going to have serious doubts about his potential. Also, a coach can cure, or at least give feasible advice to do so, a poor swing or poor technique, what have you. But playing dumb baseball, as in breaking for home with one out and the infield back before the ball even passes the pitcher, that needs to come from within. A new coach isn't going to cure that, and I see a lot of that s*** from Gordon.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
yeah. tlb should have been starting today and that could have been his ab.

I nominate TLB as one of the worst "nicknames" ever. Please just say Lillibridge so we all can pay a little attention to your post.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
Considering how their hitters look and how ours look, it's hard to complain about this team thankfully winning one game.

One team won the AL last year. One did not. Pretty happy with what were doing so far.