GT 4/09/12 - SOX @ Indians - 6:05p CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the K's have something to do with our guys not used to going deep into counts (minus PK and Dunn)? If that is the case, it will probably continue for a little while until they figure out how to be better deep count hitters.

Hopefully if Manto is preaching this, he is being patient with the K's. A few things to think about with this.

Even with the K's, we have been getting into team's bullpens, which with Texas isn't necessarily a good thing, but it could be with most teams.

Guys will need to adjust to this, so that is probably part of the reason for the runs scarcity.

I have, as I by some of the posts others have as well that going to the opposite field is preached...which I like as well.

Lastly, I believe this patience and philosophy will pay off at the end because of 2 reasons.

1. The deep counts will get into the bullpen and you will see some lesser pitchers in the 5th & 6th

2. Once the scouting reports go out, you could see some 1st pitch fastballs later in the year and you can jump on that

Just some thoughts.

That's better.

Didn't compound his mistake by walking the next batter.

Outings like this might actually be better for his development than just going through it 1-2-3...he'll need it when he faces the best offensive line-ups like DET where every batter can take you yard in a heartbeat.

love how aggressive santiago is with his FB - he throws hard for a guy his stature

edit: even if he did go to the FB one too many times against lopez

Edited by daa84