GT 4/10/12 - SOX @ Indians - PPD

knightni

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
I would rather see DeAzas' days off come against LHP...

It's a terrible lineup. Ventura was probably afraid of offending Rios. If you want Fuku to play, Rios should've been the odd man out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
Chicago White Sox ‏ @whitesox

Today's #WhiteSox lineup at CLE: Beckham-4, Rios-9, Dunn-DH, Konerko-3, Fukudome-8, Ramirez-6, Viciedo-7, Flowers-2, Morel-5, Humber-RHP

I could have had 100 guesses at today's line-up, and I wouldn't have matched this. Hopefully, that's a good thing.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
I'm saying as far as winning the series, which should be the goal of every series.

Yes, winning series should be the goal...in October!

I hate the term "winning series" in the regular season, because consciously or subconsciously, when they win the first two games of a series, there could be a weak lineup the next day or the players may go out the night before a little longer because they already have the series won.

A baseball season is 162 separate opportunities to win one game. Yes, when a series over you may say, "well, at least we got 2 out of 3", or "at least we got one game in Texas". But I hate when players and coaches talk about "winning series" during the regular season. It's an easy way to let down.

QUOTE (Julius @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
It's a terrible lineup. Ventura was probably afraid of offending Rios. If you want Fuku to play, Rios should've been the odd man out.

I don't have enough data to call this one terrible yet without more idea of what Ventura is doing.

I could see, for example, that he might want to get Beckham up and put a certain set of thoughts in his head...like "Stop thinking about what the person before you saw and just attack the ball" or something like that. That could mean put Beckham in the leadoff spot, so he's facing the guy completely fresh. That means you can give De Aza a day off.

Just hypothesizing. Not sure I'd want to keep seeing this setup regularly...unless it works.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if it was that or because your giant ego was blocking traffic on the way to the stadium.

lol. Dayummmmmmm. This reminds me of when Snookie went apes*** on Angelina. Nice to see somebody besides me getting flamed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
And this really sucks. I was looking forward to this game, as I missed last night's game. But I guess I can always watch Derrick Quentin and the Chicago Bulls. Ooops. I forgot. He's hurt again.

:lol: