GT 4/10/12 - SOX @ Indians - PPD

knightni

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
They're going to just skip their 5th starter? Who is their 5th starter?

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure they'll run Masterson out there tomorrow if they don't need to. Its going to be cold and windy, its early in the season, etc. I guess we'll see what they decide.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure they'll run Masterson out there tomorrow if they don't need to. Its going to be cold and windy, its early in the season, etc. I guess we'll see what they decide.

They have a travel day Thursday, so Masterson would be on 7 days rest if they didn't use him tomorrow, but then they play the Royals over the weekend with Lowe and Jiminez as the next 2 up in their order.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)

We stay on rotation, right? Humber vs. Masterson or Gomez. They might use Gomez b/c he has pitched well against the White Sox. Or they might use Masterson who has pitched well against the White Sox. lol.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
We stay on rotation, right? Humber vs. Masterson or Gomez. They might use Gomez b/c he has pitched well against the White Sox. Or they might use Masterson who has pitched well against the White Sox. lol.

Sox don't have another scheduled offday until April 30th. Push everyone back a day and have everyone on extra rest this time through. No reason not to use Philip while overtaxing the other guys.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
Sox don't have another scheduled offday until April 30th. Push everyone back a day and have everyone on extra rest this time through. No reason not to use Philip while overtaxing the other guys.

The White Sox are skipping Humber.

@MDGonzales

Danks to start Wednesday (weather permitting), humber loses start, will pitch Monday vs. Balt

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
They have a travel day Thursday, so Masterson would be on 7 days rest if they didn't use him tomorrow, but then they play the Royals over the weekend with Lowe and Jiminez as the next 2 up in their order.

I'll be stunned if they don't pitch Masterson tomorrow. Usually don't want sinker ballers going on extra rest.

Well, J. Gomez has really pitched well against us and he was the Indians' best pitcher in the spring, so who knows.

Masterson, despite having an ERA in the 2's against us, still is 3-4 or 2-3, I know it'a an overall losing record.

But there have been a couple of complete games where he just pretty much dominated, that's what is sticking in everyone's recent memory.