Neal Cotts Fan Thread

Loaiza21

PcVufHNv.jpg

First off let me say that the post "f*** Neal Cotts" is moronic and doesn't speak for any of us really. I'd like to say that I'm sorry that some people hear feel that it is necessary to bash a pitcher after his MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT, just because he struggles to find control. I pitch myself and I have walked the bases full when I'm nervous or if I just don't have it. It is a tough thing. I mean they threw our BEST pitching prospect in a major league pennant race to make his first start, and I applaud Neal Cotts for sticking in their and holding down the lead the best he could. If Manuel let Cotts stay in, I'm sure he'd have gotten his stuff down. Give him another chance, he's got wicked stuff. And he hit 92 MPH last night, that was an eye opener. I think that you have to take the good out of the performance. Maybe his control was off, but those hitters were fooled most of the time. Konerko has 2 double plays to him last night while Cotts was pitching. They were hitting to the right side on change ups. The hitters were frustrated. Take out the walks and Cotts is pitching 1 run baseball. I am still very excited about this guy we have in our system, and I hope that he reads this, because this is how White Sox fans really think about him. I have to apologize for the expectations and stuff, but it's just because we are excited about the way Cotts pitches. If the minor leaguers read this, I hope they consider staying here and not leaving. And now all I have to say is......

GO NEAL COTTS AND GO SOX!!!

First off let me say that the post "f*** Neal Cotts" is moronic and doesn't speak for any of us really. I'd like to say that I'm sorry that some people hear feel that it is necessary to bash a pitcher after his MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT, just because he struggles to find control. I pitch myself and I have walked the bases full when I'm nervous or if I just don't have it. It is a tough thing. I mean they threw our BEST pitching prospect in a major league pennant race to make his first start, and I applaud Neal Cotts for sticking in their and holding down the lead the best he could. If Manuel let Cotts stay in, I'm sure he'd have gotten his stuff down. Give him another chance, he's got wicked stuff. And he hit 92 MPH last night, that was an eye opener. I think that you have to take the good out of the performance. Maybe his control was off, but those hitters were fooled most of the time. Konerko has 2 double plays to him last night while Cotts was pitching. They were hitting to the right side on change ups. The hitters were frustrated. Take out the walks and Cotts is pitching 1 run baseball. I am still very excited about this guy we have in our system, and I hope that he reads this, because this is how White Sox fans really think about him. I have to apologize for the expectations and stuff, but it's just because we are excited about the way Cotts pitches. If the minor leaguers read this, I hope they consider staying here and not leaving. And now all I have to say is......

GO NEAL COTTS AND GO SOX!!!

:headbang :snr

Folks, i hope Neal does well with the Sox. I personally think he can be a major league ball player. I don't think he should be pitching now for the Sox. As I mentioned on the other threads (no swearing done by me) he should not be part of a team in a pennant race. He does not have the stuff yet. If you think that is negative, then bash me. He is not ready. He proved that. Let him learn to pitch for strikes, keep him down until he is ready. that is my point.

Furthermore I am not being negative as others might have suggested, I am being honest and practical as a fan.

I do not have a good answer for the fifth starter nor do they pay me to have one. I believe with the expanded rosters in Sept we could have three fifth starters pitching on the same day to button up that position when it comes up. Until then, we need to look at the waiver wire, or have cotts pitch one more time. But if he does pitch it will be against Anahiem again at home. I really don't think the sox want that to happen.

I hope you can find a silver lining in my comments.

You can add my name to this bandwagon. I just hope Sox brass show him enough confidence to let him get another shot in 5 days. He'll be rested and should be much less nervous.

I also think they might want to rethink having Sandy catch him. I know Sandy's the veteran and all. But sometimes I think Sandy wants to nibble the corners too much. That's not what Neal needs. He should trust his stuff and come after hitters.

Basically the kid freaked out and s*** his pants especially in the 3rd inning. Oh well, it happens. It's certainly not unexpected.

I did see some signs i liked, which is what you look for when you are seeing a pitcher for the first time, which many of us were. He had some life, some movement on that fastball. His breaking stuff was pretty consistent. He didn't go at hitters as much as i would have liked...probly didn't want too make too many mistakes and give up gophers balls. Didn't trust his stuff enough probably. So instead of laying balls in he was nibbling and hoping batters took some bad swings. He realized most mlb guys don't do that, and he'll learn from the experience.

I also think it was good that the Sox won, taking the weight off of Cotts' back and not making him feel like he cost the Sox a game while chasing down the Royals.

Anyone who gives up on this kid, or says "f*** neal cotts" is ridiculous IMO. You can't say he had a great start last night, but one start does not a career make

I said walks would kill this buy but everybody told me I was full of s***. I agree with quickman on this one. Cotts will be OK someday but he shouldnt be pitching for this team at this time. Were in a pennant race, I dont want to give him another chance this year. We cant afford a loss to see how good some kid is. He can come back next year but this year we just cant have him here. And also, I gotta give my props to Danny Wright for saving Cotts ass and stopping the bullpen from being wrecked. GOOD JOB DW!!!!!!! :headbang

I said walks would kill this buy but everybody told me I was full of s***. I agree with quickman on this one. Cotts will be OK someday but he shouldnt be pitching for this team at this time. Were in a pennant race, I dont want to give him another chance this year. We cant afford a loss to see how good some kid is. He can come back next year but this year we just cant have him here. And also, I gotta give my props to Danny Wright for saving Cotts ass and stopping the bullpen from being wrecked. GOOD JOB DW!!!!!!! :headbang

Wow, you didnt call him a cocksucker. :)

Ehem...

Ummm...

Neal... when you get back to Chicago I'd be more than happy to show ya around...  ;)

Steff,

We need this guy to CALM DOWN

Not get worked up again!

;)

Don't you remember how Annie calmed down Nuke in Bull Durham... ;)

Ehem...

Ummm...

Neal... when you get back to Chicago I'd be more than happy to show ya around...  ;)

Steff,

Not get worked up again!

;)

You're gonna make him wear womens lingerie??

:o :o :o

Uhhh.. yeah. Something like that. ;)

Ehem...

Ummm...

Steff,

Not get worked up again!

;)

Can I help you pick out the red garters for him to wear?

Ehem...

Ummm...

Steff,

Not get worked up again!

;)

Can I help you pick out the red garters for him to wear?

Make it black and you have a deal! :lol:

Neal definately showed last night he has potential as he is not overpowering but suprising. the Angel hitters were off balance against him and couldn't hit the strikes he threw. His outing reminded me a lot of how Garland started out. Trying to be too perfect. He needs to just go out and throw. he has the stuff as does Garland but Neal will need to learn to throw strikes and let your D help you out. Our D has been great this year. Neal will be a starting pitcher in this league.

Also, I think as Sox fans we think someone who is called up should throw a gem because it happens to us all the time but that is all we see. Pitchers are called up all the time that get shelled in their first outing, we just don't see it. If his first start was against us it might have been better. :lol: