GT 4/11/12 - SOX @ Indians - 11:05a CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
It seems our pitchers have trouble getting past that first inning sometimes without a run being allowed. Must be the cold in Cleveland. Hard to get a feel for the ball maybe?

In this case, it's just bad defense behind him (or in front of him in AJ's case)

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Farmer was saying on Monday that the field at Cleveland is designed for those to roll foul, same as Texas.

Makes sense, neither of those teams are set up to bunt for hits a whole lot.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
Cleveland is not set up for anything on the hitting side of things.

i just do not understand how people project us to be worse than Cleveland and Minnesota. Neither can hit OR pitch. Our rotation is rock-solid, and if we even get a decent bounceback from Dunn, we've got a relatively potent lineup

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
i just do not understand how people project us to be worse than Cleveland and Minnesota. Neither can hit OR pitch. Our rotation is rock-solid, and if we even get a decent bounceback from Dunn, we've got a relatively potent lineup

I think people are mad that their gripes about our system have turned out to be exaggerated, so they can't fathom how we can be decent while simultaneously getting younger. They're also the same people who have been picking the Royals because of the strength of their minor league system.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Man, PK is just locked in right now, even after going down 0-2, works the walk.

Remember when a handful of people were worried about him because of a sprinkling of Spring Training appearances?

Man, I'm cynical today!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)

I really struggle to call this rotation "Rock solid", and this bullpen has the potential to be really, really flaky since there's so much youth. That's how I'd put this team pretty far down.

That said, I'm still sticking with 78 wins.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)

That's what I have been saying all off-season. This is no 90+ win team, but last place & 95 losses in this divsion? No way. For all the Royals hype too, their current rotation is pretty questionable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Hit and run with PK running and Aj hitting.

#Robinball

With 2 out and nobody looking at Paulie, I'm down with it.

The ball is really not carrying today. Keep it out of the air!

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
Just beat up on the Twins, Indians, and Royals. I think that we are better than those teams. Go .500 against the Tiggs. Overall, this isn't a strong division and that is why the White Sox should at least be above .500

That's been darn near impossible for us the past few years, even when we've been better than those teams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
I really struggle to call this rotation "Rock solid", and this bullpen has the potential to be really, really flaky since there's so much youth. That's how I'd put this team pretty far down.

That said, I'm still sticking with 78 wins.

really? let's look down the line.

Cleveland: Masterson, Jimenez, Lowe, Tomlin, Gomez (we're better)

Minnesota: Pavano, Liriano, Hendricks, Blackburn, ??? (we're better)

Tigers: Verlander, Scherzer, Porcello, Wilk, Fister (injured), Smyly (closest, but honestly after Verlander I like all our pitchers better)

Royals: Chen, Hochevar, Sanchez, Mendoza, Duffy (again... I say we're better)

can you honestly argue this? we have 2 high-celing, high-floor guys in Danks and Floyd. No matter what, they won't be BAD. Sale has potential to be an ace, Peavy - if he stays healthy - can compete with any pitcher in this division not named Verlander. And Humber - even if he's a mid-4s ERA is still one of, if not the best #5 in the division.

I'd call that rock-solid.