GT 4/11/12 - SOX @ Indians - 11:05a CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
I'm not saying that EITHER! but i'd rather have his ceiling than any other 5th starter in the AL Central. Who would you rather have?

and I hate Ubaldo. Think he's a crap pitcher.

The Tigers 5th and 6th starters have some damn high ceilings.

Jeanmar Gomez (Cleveland) is a 23 year old who put up an ERA about 2.5 last year in AAA, so there's at least some promise there.

For this season...probably Philip Humber...but I don't know those prospects well enough to call it convincingly.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
He can't go longer than 6 innings, yet he averages over 6 innings a start for his career. Nice try.

Sorry he can no go longer than 6.1139 innings per start. For his career on average three times a year he goes 7 innings, my bad.

I like him and am glad they signed him and he has gotten better over the years, is consistent and stays healthy and was a good resign.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
The Tigers 5th and 6th starters have some damn high ceilings.

Jeanmar Gomez (Cleveland) is a 23 year old who put up an ERA about 2.5 last year in AAA, so there's at least some promise there.

For this season...probably Philip Humber...but I don't know those prospects well enough to call it convincingly.

give me the guy who's done it in the major leagues over the guy who hasn't

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
Not completely sure why Danks is pitching this inning, but it's obviously going to be his last one.

With the offday, you could have pulled him to give Stewart or N. Jones some work.

no point taxing the bp if you dont have to

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Not completely sure why Danks is pitching this inning, but it's obviously going to be his last one.

With the offday, you could have pulled him to give Stewart or N. Jones some work.

Came in with only 90-something pitches and a big lead, might as well let him get a normal amount of work in. He's throwing fairly well, despite the chatter.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
What happened in the first inning w/ Alejandro? The Indians' announcers said Cabrera hit a ball that should have been caught.

Kosuke called everyone off and couldn't make the play, but De Aza should have taken charge and called for it over Fukudome. Would have been a much easier play for him, plus he's the CF

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
Overall, mediocre start by Danks. 5 walks and he got into some jam. And couldn't get out of the sixth with a big lead.

But I have to accentuate the positive. 10 RUNS! Hopefully more. Kosuke better get a hit next AB!

THIS is a C+ outing. :P