GT 4/11/12 - SOX @ Indians - 11:05a CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Congrats to Danks for getting a victory early in the year.

Positively. Great game offensively. Ohman handled the lefties he faced. Thornton finished the game off. And no Verlander for us. Yes! Sweep of the Clevelanders! First time over .500

Who else is impressed with the managing of Ventura so far?

I have to say it is quite nice to see a manager who knows how to fill out a lineup card on getaway day and make better choices with his bullpen. I know it has been a small sample size but I for one am happy with the current manager so far...but I am not surprised either. As much as I loved Ozzie's dictator attitude and swagger, it's nice to have a manager who has a brain and will make better decisions for us on a day to day basis.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)

I have to say it is quite nice to see a manager who knows how to fill out a lineup card on getaway day and make better choices with his bullpen. I know it has been a small sample size but I for one am happy with the current manager so far...but I am not surprised either. As much as I loved Ozzie's dictator attitude and swagger, it's nice to have a manager who has a brain and will make better decisions for us on a day to day basis.

Today was my first complaint...leaving Ohman in to face 2 guys from the right side out of 3 hitters (one, admittedly, switch).

Lets be realistic. You can't spend the entire year using Ohman for one batter a game.

I think what was nice about today is they DID use him situationally to get the all important out. And then, because he was up by many runs, they decided to use him against further batters.

Ozzie --on his not so smart days-- might've done this in a tight ballgame. I'm glad Robin did it in one where he had a big lead.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)

Robin knows baseball and so did Ozzie Guillen. We won a World Series with Ozzie at the helm. I wouldn't be so quick to throw Guillen under the bus. They all say, and so did Ozzie, that managers are hired to be fired. Saying that though I like Robin Ventura