GT 4/11/12 - SOX @ Indians - 11:05a CDT - CSN

knightni

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
Technically 1/2 a season. He had an ERA of 5 after the AS Break last year.

NO. That's what you're missing. I'm saying Humbers FULL SEASON was fantastic. yeah he wasn't great after the allstar break - but last year if you were to tell me that Humber would have a sub-4 era, I'd have been ecstatic. Why are you so unimpressed?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
All those Houston relievers seemed like the same guy, but I'll always remember Chad Qualls' first pitch that night.

I was so excited I kissed some random 15 yr old girl. Then about 2 hours later I felt really guilty.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
The question of whether or not Danks is a #1 may be moot if Sale attains his potential anyway

yup.

and i don't care that he's not a #1. Having 3 #2's a #5 and a potential #1 is fine by me.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
NO. That's what you're missing. I'm saying Humbers FULL SEASON was fantastic. yeah he wasn't great after the allstar break - but last year if you were to tell me that Humber would have a sub-4 era, I'd have been ecstatic. Why are you so unimpressed?

He hit a wall and was horrible, but after he rested a while, he was back to his first half self. Will it continue............that's the question.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)

I'm not.

I'm just not going to pretend he's a guaranteed above average pitcher because he gave 100 above average innings out of nowhere last year.

He's got to prove it to me.

If we gave credit to people for things they couldn't keep up for the full year, then everyone would be raving about Ubaldo Jiminez on the Indians rotation. They're not.