Saturday Games on TV

hi8is

Howdy folks - can you all tell me about MLB.tv and FOX on Saturdays.

I remember from years past that this conflict would put a hitch in my getup from time to time.

However, I can't recall what the exact situation is.

Bottom line - will I be able to watch the damned game on MLB.tv tomorrow or will I be left plotting the death of FOX?

Thanks! I can't wait for more white sox baseball! :D

That's what my fear is.

There is a slim hope I think in that the start time is 3:05 compared to the 2:05 start that FOX is carrying.

:(

It'll be really bleeping hard to convince myself it's a night game and watch the replay.

Gurrrrrrrr

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Wait, since when is tomorrow's game on FOX?

In the past at times on Saturday games they have been blacked out from MLB.tv even if they aren't being shown of FOX.

This is due to FOX holding rights to them as backup games.

It's horribly lame and full of caveats which I do not understand completely.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
Guessing 80-85% of America will be stuck with Yankees/Angels/Pujols, right? Then you've got Cubs/Cardinals and Mets/Phillies at 3. So forget seeing the Sox, lol.

And at 9 you can catch the news coverage of me jumping off a bridge from having to watch the Yankees again.

QUOTE (black jack @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)
Wait? What??

Game's on CSN not Fox.

Hawk and Stone Pony.

Sucks being an out-o-towner, been there done that.

If it's on CSN, and not FOX, it'll be on the free MLB Extra Innings preview that ends tomorrow here in Colorado. If you have Comcast in your area you should get it too, I believe. Should also be on MLBtv.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

I don't see things changing. It's usually the Yanks and Bosox and now with Pujols in LALA land you will see more of the Angels. I don't see why the national game for Fox today isn't the Sox and Tigers. I went to Dish TV this year hoping to see more baseball and over the winter it had CSN-Chicago and the Fox regional channels on the list but now they are gone. What's up with that? :crying

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
The FOX games today are at noon. So there shouldn't be any blackout for the Sox game at 3, as FOX's window is from 12-3.

But I'm pretty sure they can black out anything from 12-6, nevertheless.

They do that for MLBTV games even, unless you're outside of the country.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
The game has a slot on Extra innings, so it will be on MLBTV as well. The fact that the Yankees/Halos was early was the trigger.

Good, I dn't have to send my angry email yet.

Hey Balta,

How do you check to see if the game "has a slot on Extra innings"?

Thanks,

-T

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Hey Balta,

How do you check to see if the game "has a slot on Extra innings"?

Thanks,

-T

Well, personally I have MLB Extra Innings on DirecTV, so I can go to channels 721-740 and see if the game is on there. If Fox has a game exclusively, it never gets a channel there. I'm far enough away that I don't have to worry about any local blackout rules, which is the other issue for some teams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
Well, personally I have MLB Extra Innings on DirecTV, so I can go to channels 721-740 and see if the game is on there. If Fox has a game exclusively, it never gets a channel there. I'm far enough away that I don't have to worry about any local blackout rules, which is the other issue for some teams.

Ah, very nice to know. Even thou I don't subscribe to the Extra Innings package - they still display the listings.

So for future reference I now know that looking at the listings on TV will shed light onto Saturday day games availability on MLB.tv.

Maybe this thread helps clear things up for others too.

Thanks Balta.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
Ah, very nice to know. Even thou I don't subscribe to the Extra Innings package - they still display the listings.

So for future reference I now know that looking at the listings on TV will shed light onto Saturday day games availability on MLB.tv.

Maybe this thread helps clear things up for others too.

Thanks Balta.

Yeah, that'll work. If you check, the Yankee/Angel game that is on right now doesn't have a slot on there, the White Sox do. WCIU games never get channel space on there, but the visiting broacast will show up. If you've got DirecTV, you can flip there and check. Yay, I was useful for something!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 07:49 AM)
FOX only gets a 3-hour exclusive window on Saturdays. They either get 1-4 or 4-7 ET. This past Saturday FOX had the 1-4 window so the Sox game should have been available on mlb.tv and MLBEI.

I pray every weekend that the next TV contract fixes this.

I'm paying $200 a year for the Extra Innings package, and yet, Fox can't broadcast their out-of-chosen-market games on the Extra Innings channels, so every year, I wind up having 5 or so saturdays where Fox and MLB get angry emails from me and I skip watching baseball because they set me up with Red Sox vs. Mariners or something like that when the White Sox are on at the same time.