KW: Stay Out of White Sox Minor League Business

Marty34

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 03:14 AM)
Like I said, the paper I work for down here requires we submit three different headlines.

"We don't control the headlines at all!" is a convenient excuse for when a headline comes back to bite you in the tail.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 12:56 AM)
"I learned the valuable asset of controlled aggression,'' the White Sox general manager said Friday. "As a football-mentality type guy I didn't know how to translate my aggressiveness into a sport where you have to back off and have kind of a controlled aggression. It wasn't until Cito Gaston pointed something out that it clicked.''

Controlled aggression. Williams stood up in the Sox dugout to demonstrate, swinging an imaginary bat as he reminded himself out loud to contain his emotions until unleashing them at the right time to maximize impact.

"It worked,'' Williams said, smiling. "But by the time I got it, it was too late. I was relegated to the bench.''

More of KW's "wisdom"

Reading that whole article I would bet we will see some Joe Cowley rants on the Trib again today. Rodgers did a whole lot of backhanding to Ozzie. Joe will be good and pissed today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,3750059.column