GT 4/15/12 - SOX vs. Tigers - 1:10p CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Viciedo's played at least like an average defensive LFer to start this season, and his arm almost allowed him to throw out Jackson at 2B the other day when he was stretching it for a double.

He won't get 20 PO's like Alex Gordon did, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 8-10 over the course of the year.

13 k's in 29 ab's for Adam.

By the way, when he got doubled off 2nd, was it just bad luck or was it bad baserunning? Fluke?

Indians are just killing the Royals this series. Three in a row in KC, all of them slaughters. They even managed to knock out Hochevar, a bit of surprise considering how flat CLE looked against us at home.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Dunn swinging at a TON of low breaking balls.

It was a good pitch, but I'd like to see him either foul it off or just not swing. I refuse to panic just yet, though

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
It was a good pitch, but I'd like to see him either foul it off or just not swing. I refuse to panic just yet, though

Yeah, he still looks better than last year, even if numbers don't reflect it quite yet. What gets me is I don't think he swings at that pitch except with 2 strikes. He seems to be seeing balls/strikes pretty well up until that point in an at-bat.

Yeah, Dunn's been working the counts a lot more this year, seeing a ton of pitches.

Last year, you felt like he was behind in the count 0-2 or 1-2 about 80% of the time and had no chance.

What's the odds the Tigers score against Stewart? Well, he had to pitch at some point.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
WGN graphic says AJ is batting .273 and has .261 OBP

does not compute

But an 859 OPS, we'll take that. Surely it will fall into the mid to low 700's eventually.

Morel sporting a .359 OPS, that's not so easy to do. Well, it's only 24 AB's, I guess.

Edited by caulfield12