• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
Looks like the velo is down a bit for Stewart. Nice play AJ

It is a bit strange. Considering his history as a reliever, you'd expect he would throw 92-94 MPH out of the bullpen.

Instead, he's at 90-91. Unless he's one of those guys whose fastballs flatten out and have less movement at higher velocities, whereas the sinking fastball is more effective in the low 90's, like what we usually saw out of Jon Garland.

At least it was 3 up, 3 down. Bullpen continues to impress, 3 IP and no runs surrendered. Especially considering it's the last two members of our pen against one of the two best offenses in the game.

Don't think we'll see Papa Grande Valverde in this game.

Not with Porcello retiring 10 in a row and pitch count in the 80's still.

Cabrera with a great defensive play at 3rd. Fukudome loses a double there, tough luck.

Except for trying to make a bare-handed play on a ball he could have gloved and thrown, Cabrera has played very very well at third, much more comfortable and far better than expected.

Valverde's warming, so we at least have a final chance against a new pitcher.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Cabrera playing solid D at third makes me hate him even more than I already do haha

He won't be as bad as people think at 3rd. It's his range that is brutal. Everything else should be acceptable.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
He won't be as bad as people think at 3rd. It's his range that is brutal. Everything else should be acceptable.

Always fun to think of him playing RF against the Cubs during the Bartman series. It wasn't always pretty, but he made some ridiculous catches.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
Crap. Jimmy didn't leave him in there too long like he did with Zoolander. Tying run up to bat and winning run in the on deck circle. Score 3 more and then can bring in Hector Screwball.

I disagree...I would have left him in if I was Leyland.

I'm thrilled they pulled him...