GT 4/15/12 - SOX vs. Tigers - 1:10p CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
Memo to Mr. Ventura:

Ohman is a LOOGY. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Concerned White Sox Fan

Two biggest areas of criticism so far of Ventura are his handling of Ohman and Morel in the 2nd spot. Besides that, he's done a fantastic job.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Two biggest areas of criticism so far of Ventura are his handling of Ohman and Morel in the 2nd spot. Besides that, he's done a fantastic job.

I think this is the last time youll see Morel in the 2 spot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)

I agree that he is doing a great job. But a few of his moves are headscratchers. Cannot see why he took out Stewart for a LOOGY in a two run game.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
I agree that he is doing a great job. But a few of his moves are headscratchers. Cannot see why he took out Stewart for a LOOGY in a two run game.

I agree, Stewart should have pitched the 9th too.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)

No matter who the manager is he will make some moves the general fanbase wont agree with and call headscratchers.....I don't even think Ohman belongs on the major league roster.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
Well, that's what happens when you get behind in the count 0-2.

Credit to Ventura for not giving up this game and trying to use Ohman and Reed instead of leaving Stewart in there.

Leaving in Ohman assures that he gave up on the game

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
Leaving in Ohman assures that he gave up on the game

Well, clearly Ventura trusts the veteran Ohman over what he saw out of Stewart this spring.

It will take some time for Zach to re-earn Robin's confidence. It's one thing to face the bottom of the order, it's quite another to go through the heart of the line-up unscathed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
Well, clearly Ventura trusts the veteran Ohman over what he saw out of Stewart this spring.

It will take some time for Zach to re-earn Robin's confidence. It's one thing to face the bottom of the order, it's quite another to go through the heart of the line-up unscathed.

If Will Ohman against RH is > Zach Stewart against RH in Ventura's mind, then Stewart shouldn't be on the roster.