4/16 games

danman31

What exactly is Phegley's defense like. Literally all I know about him is that he was on the Dl a lot for some weird/rare blood disease... Hoping he's healthy now cause AJ is batting his way out of town right now haha

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Nevin Griffith...6 innings out of the pen this season, only one walk. True story.

That's your key stat right there, Flav. They fixed something with him because last year he had 96 walks and 85 K's in 108 innings.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
What exactly is Phegley's defense like. Literally all I know about him is that he was on the Dl a lot for some weird/rare blood disease... Hoping he's healthy now cause AJ is batting his way out of town right now haha

Defense always been the question with him. Has a strong arm and can throw runners out, no idea about his ability to call a game.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
Defense always been the question with him. Has a strong arm and can throw runners out, no idea about his ability to call a game.

Hector Santiago and Terry Doyle have both raved about his game calling.

The Knights drew 12 walks in that game. Wow.

Charlie Shirek, after disappearing from the prospect radar like 1.5 years ago, so far in Charlotte as their OD starter in 3 games: 15 K vs 2 BB, 17 H in 17 IP. Is he back to being a guy worth watching?

Heidenreich looking very nice in his first two starts.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
The Knights drew 12 walks in that game. Wow.

Charlie Shirek, after disappearing from the prospect radar like 1.5 years ago, so far in Charlotte as their OD starter in 3 games: 15 K vs 2 BB, 17 H in 17 IP. Is he back to being a guy worth watching?

Heidenreich looking very nice in his first two starts.

Shirek needs to show he can stay healthy for a full season. Doubt he is being "watched" to closely by the majors.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
Shirek needs to show he can stay healthy for a full season. Doubt he is being "watched" to closely by the majors.

I don't think it is about health, at least not in terms of injury. He runs out of gas - that is the issue, and that is why I've said for a while now he should be a reliever.