Peavy Wrigleyville Party Time!

Steve9347

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
f*** that. I'm 29, and we moved to the burbs about 1.5 years ago, and I'm still partying at a decent clip, although a bit less than when I lived in the city. Thank god for the drunk train, aka Metra.

Brian was playing.

I'm 29 and am in the burbs and married. I go out all the time. Again, my point was that being out dancing on some slut and her fat friend on Sunday night while your wife and 3 kids are at home is pretty pathetic. Take your woman out.

Then again, I'm a dedicated and loyal married man who doesn't want to embarrass my wife with pictures like the above. Then again, Peavy makes fat money and his wife will f*** him even if he does cheat on her because money.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
You care. You posted it and said go home to your wife and kids. Then you want him to only take pics with beautiful people ? Pretty superficial and judgmental.

I think he's a dumb jock. No surprise there.

yeah lets not have a Jose Contreras situation here.

check out the rest of the pictures on deadspin.

Hanging with some chicks in a Chicago Bar when your wife is at home, does not make for an effective baseball player. Especially if divorce papers arrive in the Clubhouse.

“I feel so blessed," said Peavy, emphasizing the word 'blessed.' "I sent a text message out and that’s the word I used. I said I’m so blessed to be happy. I know it’s been a long grind with you guys and the fans and everybody to get me to this point, but I am healthy and I don’t know what I can or can’t be after what I’ve gone through. But I can promise you my effort and preparation is going to be there and we prepare between starts with the work with A.T. (conditioning coordinator Allen Thomas), and we prepare with the video work and had a game plan.

"When you go out there healthy, you have a better chance of worrying about that and executing than when you’re not and worrying about everything else but that. I feel very blessed to hopefully stay this way for the majority of this year and give my team a quality effort every fifth day.”

chicagotribune.com/sports

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
Since when is "almost 31" considered too old to go out and party? Maybe if he was 51.
Speak for yourself. I'm older than that and allow myself to go out and have a good time every now and then. I try my best to live my life to the fullest, no matter what I'm doing.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
Let him enjoy possibly his last year in Chicago. (barring Theo going after him next year)

Obviously no way we bring him back at $22M for '13, but I see another possibility.

Jake has talked about and acted like he feels "guilty" for not performing better for the Sox for the money he's made in his time here. I see a Kerry Wood-like Hometown Discount in our future. We'll see.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
Obviously no way we bring him back at $22M for '13, but I see another possibility.

Jake has talked about and acted like he feels "guilty" for not performing better for the Sox for the money he's made in his time here. I see a Kerry Wood-like Hometown Discount in our future. We'll see.

Wouldn't be surprised by that at all...it would require us to actually have a chance to win though....

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)

With the Sox's recent history, I'm not sure they'll want him back. They're so aggressive with minor leaguers...they're probably hoping Molina can take a rotation spot next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
With the Sox's recent history, I'm not sure they'll want him back. They're so aggressive with minor leaguers...they're probably hoping Molina can take a rotation spot next year.

Yeah, but that is assuming Floyd is still here...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
Looking at attendance, and the guys we have in the minors, I wouldn't be surprised if Jake and Gavin were both on different teams in 2013.

Absolutely.

Say Jake has a good year though...like something in the 3.5 era and we are competitive in September, I'd love to bring him back on like a 1/7 or something and move Floyd...

Danks/Peavy/Sale/Humber/Molina?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:03 PM)
Absolutely.

Say Jake has a good year though...like something in the 3.5 era and we are competitive in September, I'd love to bring him back on like a 1/7 or something and move Floyd...

Danks/Peavy/Sale/Humber/Molina?

That's the problem. With the cost of pitching now, if Jake has that kind of a year, someone will blow that offer away.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
That's the problem. With the cost of pitching now, if Jake has that kind of a year, someone will blow that offer away.

Which is where the hometown discount part comes in...

This is hypothetical, and as far as I'm concerned, unlikely, but if Jake really feels like he owes the Sox something and goes to them with some kind of hometown discount offer before the season ends and the Sox have to decline his option, then nobody gets the chance to blow that offer away. And if that really does happen, the Sox would be crazy not to take it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
This is hypothetical, and as far as I'm concerned, unlikely, but if Jake really feels like he owes the Sox something and goes to them with some kind of hometown discount offer before the season ends and the Sox have to decline his option, then nobody gets the chance to blow that offer away. And if that really does happen, the Sox would be crazy not to take it.

I get the Sox having to take that chance. I just don't see a realistic scenario where that actually happens. The only chance I see is if the team way overachieves and the ballpark starts filling up to the point where salary bumps up significantly again next year. Even then, the Sox aren't the one year contract for a pitcher type.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
Even then, the Sox aren't the one year contract for a pitcher type.

I hadn't really thought about that end of the startegy. We all know the reluctance to enter into four or five year deals, but there hasn't been too many one year types either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
Even then, the Sox aren't the one year contract for a pitcher type.

I don't know what this means. Guys like Peavy (if healthly) are never available for one year deals, so yeah it's kind of a new scenario.

I'm not too worried about the Peavy situation. He's looked great so far, but it's still super early in the season. If he can continue pitching like he has and stay healthy, then you start worrying about next year. If things are going right, I'd say you approach him around the deadline with a one-year/$15 million deal and see if he'll take the home-team discount.

Otherwise, you wait until the end of the season and decide if you want to exercise his option. I know it's a $22 million option, but when you factor in the buy-out you wouldn't have to pay, the marginal cost is $18 million. That would be a pretty good move if in fact Peavy pitches like a legit #1 starter.

Again, we still need to wait and see what we have in Peavy before worrying about next year. Plus there's a decent chance we simply trade him before the deadline because we suck or he's in high demand.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
I don't know what this means. Guys like Peavy (if healthly) are never available for one year deals, so yeah it's kind of a new scenario.

I'm not too worried about the Peavy situation. He's looked great so far, but it's still super early in the season. If he can continue pitching like he has and stay healthy, then you start worrying about next year. If things are going right, I'd say you approach him around the deadline with a one-year/$15 million deal and see if he'll take the home-team discount.

Otherwise, you wait until the end of the season and decide if you want to exercise his option. I know it's a $22 million option, but when you factor in the buy-out you wouldn't have to pay, the marginal cost is $18 million. That would be a pretty good move if in fact Peavy pitches like a legit #1 starter.

Again, we still need to wait and see what we have in Peavy before worrying about next year. Plus there's a decent chance we simply trade him before the deadline because we suck or he's in high demand.

How many pitchers have the Sox signed to one year contracts? (non-minor league contracts)