Game Thread: BAL @ CHW, 4/17, 7:10pm

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Marty is right.

If these types of performances continue, the tenor of every single game story will be attendance figures between 10-13,000.

Dunn/Beckham/Rios/Morel features.

It might start to spiral to the point a change has to be made...a sacrifice to the fans, since it obviously won't be either Dunn or Rios.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)
Boy the Sox stink.

I still can't believe Rosenthal wrote that fluffy column on how good the Sox look after 1 week of baseball.

Talk about over-reacting.

I can't believe you even spend the time to type this foolish nonsense that occurs in your brain.

No one cares.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
Boy the Sox stink.

I still can't believe Rosenthal wrote that fluffy column on how good the Sox look after 1 week of baseball.

Talk about over-reacting.

Thats exactly what your doing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 01:35 AM)
Maybe Marty is right.

If these types of performances continue, the tenor of every single game story will be attendance figures between 10-13,000.

It might start to spiral to the point a change has to be made...a sacrifice to the fans, since it obviously won't be either Dunn or Rios.

There was one, he's managing the Marlins. There are no significant changes that can be made to impact attendance unless team starts winning (and I don't mean 81-81).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 02:36 AM)
I can't believe you even spend the time to type this foolish nonsense that occurs in your brain.

No one cares.

In your world, do they care about all the other posts in this thread written by others? If so why?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
Honest question...if Dunn hits .175 again or so, does anyone think he'll retire after the year is over?

Foolish pride, and a fat checking account, says no.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
Honest question...if Dunn hits .175 again or so, does anyone think he'll retire after the year is over?

Yes, I think he would. I can't imagine continuing with that life, not when you've already made $75 million or so in your career.

If he doesn't, he's going to end up like Roger Maris during the home run chase, losing all his hair from the stress and pressure of having to talk to the NY Times everyday about his epic, historically-unprecedented fall-off.

Or they just do a Silva/M. Bradley trade...for both teams to get rid of their albatrosses. Out of sight, out of mind.

But it's going to take a new GM in Chicago to admit the Dunn failure and bite the bullet. Not in KW's nature.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
Maybe Marty is right.

Yes, that's right, screwing with another kid and calling up someone the fans never heard of, that'll put butts in the seats!