Game Thread: BAL @ CHW, 4/17, 7:10pm

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
lol! lots of doom and gloom around here already. some players are playing some really, really s***ty baseball right now, but not all, not by a LONG stretch. Ref***inglax fellas.

You're right.

But we've been having this same conversation back and forth, back and forth, since 2009.

In the end, if it's not enjoyable, maybe it is best to take a break for awhile.

There really was the feeling last year a significant part of the fanbase wanted the team to lose just so Ozzie and/or KW would lose their jobs...that someone from management would have to do SOMETHING.

It's a bigger problem when you have a new manager and hitting coach and see the same problems.

That's on the players, and the GM who acquired them.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 02:24 AM)
lol! lots of doom and gloom around here already. some players are playing some really, really s***ty baseball right now, but not all, not by a LONG stretch. Ref***inglax fellas.

I think there'd be a much different vibe if it was the Dunn/Beckham/Morel/Rios group that was playing well and Konerko/AJ were struggling. This just seems way too much like 2011 for a lot of people.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 03:29 AM)
You're right.

But we've been having this same conversation back and forth, back and forth, since 2009.

In the end, if it's not enjoyable, maybe it is best to take a break for awhile.

There really was the feeling last year a significant part of the fanbase wanted the team to lose just so Ozzie and/or KW would lose their jobs...that someone from management would have to do SOMETHING.

It's a bigger problem when you have a new manager and hitting coach and see the same problems.

I did take a break ... in the 6 month offseason.

Time for baseball and time to b**** at all cept Paulie.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)

I feel the pain. But there are some positives to start the season. And had they not imploded last night, watching this tonight would not feel nearly as bad, don't you think?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Turned on ESPN real quickly, and they were ripping on our attendance tonight.

I am not going to beat a dead horse but, a team with attendance problems should not have the highest parking in MLB at $25.00. Supply and demand has too take effect with JR at some point.

Edited by Soxfest