Who will you be cheering for, Cubs vs. Marlins?

caulfield12

What's the best case scenario?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you root for?

• Marlins in all 3 games
    • Cubs in all 3 games, put the heat on Ozzie
    • Cubs in Games 1 and 3, Buehrle in Game 2
    • I don't care, I'm just upset not to see Zambrano meltdown against his former team
    • No opinion, will pay 100% attention to White Sox or go to USCF
    • I will never root for the Cubs no matter what, even if Konerko's their first baseman

Cubs in all 3 games, sorry Mark. Although I would have thrown a second vote towards upset that Zambrano can't have a meltdown, hopefully it happens at Wrigley later in the year. It is much easier to root for the Cubs this series, knowing they have nearly zero chance to make a playoff run this year.

Marlins in all three, and I'm not even someone who passionately despises the Cubs. I'm good with them as long as they're not hoisting trophies into the air in late October. Despite a sloppy end to the Ballad of Ozzie Guillen on the Southside, he presided over my favorite sports memories. Buehrle is gone and he's still more of a face of the franchise than a lot of guys on the 25 man roster. Not quite sure why I would root against them. They're not in the same division, not even the same league.

Marlins.

I love Ozzie Guillen the player and Ozzie Guillen the manager.

He was part of the best moment of my sports life. Our winning the WS.

Never happened before for me; and never will again, barring a total miracle.

Too many teams in baseball that spend way more money.

I'm thankful the Ozzie led Sox were not satisfied with just making the WS but wanted to win it and did.

Edited by greg775

If Guillen needed a cut man in his corner to stop the bleeding from the Castro controversy, Buehrle was the perfect candidate. Whether they're on the South Side or on South Beach, Buehrle always has had his manager's back.

"I hope he doesn't change," Buehrle said. "He's just going have to watch some of the stuff he says. I don't expect him to be any different than he has been his whole career managing."

Paul Sullivan/tribune

Cubs looking like being swept is a good possibility, just gave up the early lead and now down 5-3 and sinking further and further record-wise.

Edited by caulfield12