AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

justBLAZE

Dunn looked good.

Gordon had a couple of hits.

JAKE PEAVY!

Hey...3 out of 4 question marks coming through ain't too bad. With every Peavy good start I'm starting to believe more and more.

Let's split this thing tomorrow and go 4-3 on the homestand. All in all...that wouldn't be so bad.

Peavy's numbers are just outstanding through his first 3 starts: 2.75 ERA, 0.81 WHIP, .200 BAA, 0.46 HR/9, 9.61 K/9, 0.96 BB/9, 10.5 K:BB. And tonight he was doing it with his fastball topping out at 94 MPH and sitting at 91.4, though it had awesome action in to righties and his breaking balls had that sick bite. He might actually be good if he can somehow refrain from tearing a muscle from the bone.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 03:54 AM)
Dunn looked good.

Gordon had a couple of hits.

JAKE PEAVY!

Hey...3 out of 4 question marks coming through ain't too bad. With every Peavy good start I'm starting to believe more and more.

Let's split this thing tomorrow and go 4-3 on the homestand. All in all...that wouldn't be so bad.

4-3 wouldn't be a disaster but 3-4 record and losing 3 of 4 to Baltimore would suck.

The jakemeister!!!! Heard dj and farmio saying the rios is looking better, that his approach seems better so let's see. Adam with a double off a lefty! And I think de aza could probably hit lower in the order someday

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 03:51 AM)
The jakemeister!!!! Heard dj and farmio saying the rios is looking better, that his approach seems better so let's see. Adam with a double off a lefty! And I think de aza could probably hit lower in the order someday

Mitchell's the best candidate we have right now, and he's at least 1 1/2 years away.

Encouragingly, he does have 11 walks to go with 17 K's (way too many) in 53 AB's. But similar XB power/pop.

What the hell is going on with AJ? Offensive juggernaut and throwing people out? He better be careful or the Sox are going to give him an extension.

Dunn looked better. That double to the opposite field was awesome. It was funny to see no one out there. One camera angle made it look like the outfield was empty. Shift be damned!

What else can be said about Peavy. He has looked great all season, and his last two starts have been dominant. Is he back? Let's hope.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 06:12 AM)
What the hell is going on with AJ? Offensive juggernaut and throwing people out? He better be careful or the Sox are going to give him an extension.

Dunn looked better. That double to the opposite field was awesome. It was funny to see no one out there. One camera angle made it look like the outfield was empty. Shift be damned!

What else can be said about Peavy. He has looked great all season, and his last two starts have been dominant. Is he back? Let's hope.

He got a bit lucky on the 2nd CS, because the ball bounced right off the batter and into his hands or the runner would have easily been safe.

But the first one was nice.

Flowers is 2/2 in throwing out runners. I think combined between the two, better than we did the first three months of 2011.

It really warmed my heart to see Gordo get an RBI single, even if it wasn't hit hard. It also felt good to see Dunn go the other way on a pitch off the plate away. If he can lay off of the breaking ball in, and hit anything away to the other side, that is huge for his season. I haven't been nearly as paniced about Adam this year as he has really worked the counts well. He is 3-2 all of the time it seems like. Last year he was always 0-2/1-2.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
It really warmed my heart to see Gordo get an RBI single, even if it wasn't hit hard. It also felt good to see Dunn go the other way on a pitch off the plate away. If he can lay off of the breaking ball in, and hit anything away to the other side, that is huge for his season. I haven't been nearly as paniced about Adam this year as he has really worked the counts well. He is 3-2 all of the time it seems like. Last year he was always 0-2/1-2.

Beckham had some really good swings in that at bat.