4/19/12 Game Thread - O's @ White Sox

hogan873

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏ @CST_soxvan

O's@Sox, 1:10; De Aza CF, Lillibridge 3B, Dunn 1B, Konerko DH, Rios RF, Ramirez SS, Viciedo LF, Flowers C, Escobar 2B; Floyd vs. Hammel

I like that Dunn is seeing more time in the field than he did last year. Not necessarily due to his defense but allowing Konerko to get some rest...and hopefully the playing in the field will help Dunn's hitting.

I am fine with him sitting today.

Me too. First of all, lineups are usually made a series at a time, so the decision to sit him today was made before last night's performance. Secondly, now he can get on that long plane ride feeling good about his last performance. Last thing you want is for him to go 0-4 today with a few K's and then get on a plane.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
Me too. First of all, lineups are usually made a series at a time, so the decision to sit him today was made before last night's performance. Secondly, now he can get on that long plane ride feeling good about his last performance. Last thing you want is for him to go 0-4 today with a few K's and then get on a plane.

My thoughts exactly.

Hopefully they get this one in today. If not, good chance the Sox will lose an off day, and the Orioles will have to come back on May 31.

Another fundamentals error there.

Rios didn't expect there would be a play at the plate....should have thrown to Konerko instead of the middle infield.

Could have had the double play to get out of the inning (on Johnson, who was 0 fer on the season) with only 1 run scored.

Little things. Have to get them fixed so they don't become bad habits.