4/20/12 GT Sox @ Mariners, 9:10pm WGN

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
He is so not a closer, it's kind of amazing he was able to shut down the Rangers.

He needs another effective pitch to go along with the fastball that he can throw for a strike. The screwball's a nice pitch, but it's usually not a strike.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 11:53 PM)
Hawk forgetting that the Sox didn't use Jenks as a closer right away? It took Hermanson falling apart for Jenks to finally get the call.

Hermanson fell apart because of the back issue, didn't he?

OVA!

Nice recovery by Santiago.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 11:58 PM)
We will not.

With how Peavy and Dunn have played so far, I agree.

If Peavy, Dunn, and Rios keep this up, we have a chance to win 85 games.

Chris Sale now leads the majors in K's. 32 Ks in 24 1/3 IP. He is averaging 8 ks per start.

EDIT: Nevermind, I lied. ESPN apparently updates their stats in real-time because I added his last start twice. Still has 21 K in like 17 IP though. Unfortunately, that goes along with 7 BB. A 11.1 K/9 is awesome, but a 3.7 BB/9 is not good at all.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 12:20 AM)
Chris Sale wasn't even that great tonight with location, and he still struck out 11 and came away with a quality start. He's a special talent. Ace. #1 starter talent.

This.

Sale is a joy to watch.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
On a night like tonight, I can't help but think of the dumb f***s that booed Dunn last week. Idiots that didn't see the improvement in spring training I guess.

This. Everybody knew that frequent strikeouts were part of the deal after his acquisition. It was the price of doing business for what was supposed to be 40 or so HR a season. Every time I get the chance to listen or watch a game, the booing is right there with every strikeout. It's almost as if his 2011 stats carried over to 2012. The nearly record setting number of K's wouldn't get the reaction they did last year if he was launching the ball as well.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft