DO IT DONKEY!

macsandz

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
Dunn: .265/.368/.571/.940 - 3 HR / 12 RBI

All you idiots that boo the guy at The Cell, I'm sure it's just a coincidence he rakes on the road.

Probably. Dunn's been playing baseball how many years? There is a less-than-zero percent chance that boos affect him.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 02:15 AM)
Unless of course he admitted they have.

Has he? That'd be a pretty pathetic admission. He may have said something along the lines of "of course, no one wants to be booed by the home crowd" but that says nothing about it affecting his psyche. Has he specifically said it affected his results?

The Indians by far have the lowest attendance in the major leagues.

They also currently have the best road record (6-1). (Yes, I realize last year when they were leading the majors in late inning comebacks, especially the first three months of the season, that the majority of those happened at home before small crowds, too.)

There's probably some correlation there. With the White Sox last year, it was more about the pressure of the "All In" thing from the fans and media, expectations, booing, whatever you want to throw out there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 01:06 AM)
Dunn: .265/.368/.571/.940 - 3 HR / 12 RBI

All you idiots that boo the guy at The Cell, I'm sure it's just a coincidence he rakes on the road.

15 ks in 27 home ABS. If the booing from the 5k in the stands affects him that much, he should find another line of work. BTW, his batting average before last night was identical at home and on the road. He must of been anticipating those home boos in Arlington and Cleveland. Poor Adam. I'm glad he's hitting though. He looked like he was toast a few days ago.

One game does not a season make.

A week ago, Dayan Viciedo looked fine and Rios/Dunn were basically garbage.

It's early, although there have been encouraging signs with both Alex and Adam.

When you're striking out over 50% of the time at home, the fans, who are paying Top 5 prices in all of baseball, have a right to boo. But they would rather cheer, obviously. To call someone an "idiot" for booing is a bit much, the reverse of someone who's a bit more cynical or jaded making fun of those who always cheer no matter what for being too idealistic or naive.

White Sox fans, the large minority, don't enjoy coming to the stadium to boo their team. That's probably why many of them are staying home with their families instead, when it's no longer fun or enjoyable to take their family to the game.

But sports fans LOVE a great comeback story, and rehabilitating both Dunn and Rios in the eyes of Sox fans would be a minor miracle, but not an impossible one.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 06:55 AM)
Starting a thread to call people idiots. Seems pretty cool, right mods?

I don't think the point of the thread was to point out idiots. It was to point out that Adam Dunn is playing well and that is such a HUGE deal for the Sox that perhaps it should be stickied. Maybe booing him right now would not be a smart thing to do for Sox fans. It has always been my opinion that the only time it may be helpful to boo the home team would be for lack of effort. Booing Adam Dunn will NOT make him go away and it will NOT make him play better. However, it may just make him put too much pressure on himself and make the Sox more likely to lose. I have always been proud of how knowledgeable our fans are. I am embarrassed when I hear the fans boo Adam in April with 3 years left on his contract. In my opinion that is the opposite of smart.

Go Adam Dunn!!! If he does his career averages, the Sox will be contenders!

1. This thread will not be stickied. If it is popular, it will float and be towards the top regardless.

2. I don't think bucket of suck was starting this thread to specifically call people idiots, but if this thread gets to that point it will be stopped.

3. Last night adam dunn looked better in every at bat than he did for the entire season of 2011

I hardly ever boo a White Sox player but I did say I'd trade Dunn for a bag of balls. I only saw one other player fall off a cliff like Dunn did and he was a pitcher. I figured whatever happened, it was all over for Dunn. I'm happy that so far he is proving me wrong. Make it one of the biggest comeback stories in the history of American sports donkey.