4/21/12 GT Sox @ Mariners 3:05pm FOX

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
Why does an Adam Dunn multi-homer game still feel so good the next day?

Let's go, Phillip, you're up.

:gosoxretro:

I think its because if Dunn keeps hitting this way and Rios keeps going.. this team with its pitch will be a lot better than most people think.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
How bad do the Red Sox have to get before MLB stops cramming Sawx-Yanks down our throats?

I agree. They are getting very close to being irrelevant. I'll give them a break because of injuries, but they really don't have the horses anymore.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
Enjoying watching the Rangers make prison love to the tigers

I was wrong for picking the Angels over the Rangers. That offense can't be stopped. It also brings home how well the Sox pitched there. I'm glad we got it out of the way.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
I was wrong for picking the Angels over the Rangers. That offense can't be stopped. It also brings home how well the Sox pitched there. I'm glad we got it out of the way.

Angels quickly falling behind in that division. Can't afford to dig too big of a hole.

It's not about how good/bad the Red Sox are, it's how popular they are. And that popularity will NEVER go away.... not in our lifetimes. And they're always gonna be relevant cause they can always spend spend spend...

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Angels quickly falling behind in that division. Can't afford to dig too big of a hole.

Seriously, don't count the Halos out yet. That team easily is going to go on a roll, and the Rangers have a habit of getting off to a great start and then slowing down when Cruz/Hamilton start getting hurt.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
It's not about how good/bad the Red Sox are, it's how popular they are. And that popularity will NEVER go away.... not in our lifetimes. And they're always gonna be relevant cause they can always spend spend spend...

The advantage that they used to have on spending is starting to go away, between big increases in revenue sharing, big local TV contracts, decreasing importance of selling out your ballpark every day, and the luxury tax (That Boston became desperate to avoid this year).

Overall, I'm quite happy with Robin's performance as manager, but sticking to his guns with Morel in the 2-hole is really annoying. I understand why he's doing it, but it's hurting the team at the moment.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Overall, I'm quite happy with Robin's performance as manager, but sticking to his guns with Morel in the 2-hole is really annoying. I understand why he's doing it, but it's hurting the team at the moment.

Completely agree with all of this. At the moment I think Alex might be the right guy for that spot.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
Completely agree with all of this. At the moment I think Alex might be the right guy for that spot.

I agree. He hasn't quite found the power stroke yet, but he's making good, consistent contact and going opposite field a lot.

Has Rios even BUNTED since his rookie or second season?

Ventura seems to prefer having the capability of a hitter with this ability. Not a Ramirez strength, either. AJ's pretty good in this category but you can't put a hitter 2nd in the AL in OPS there when he's hitting the ball with such authority, not when Dunn's starting to walk so much and Paulie still needs protection behind him.

AJ talking loads of smack about the White Sox being back and how they have so much more confidence this year with Ventura managing them...they gave him a mike for the FOX pre-game show.

Blowers and Dave Sims were trying hard not to laugh. Sounded like one of his wrestling things.

Edited by caulfield12

Here's the link for people to complain to FOX about not getting this game.

Here's the link for the MLB version.

As usual, I've just sent 2 complaint emails begging FOX to put their local broadcasts on the Extra Innings package. They're renegotiating their contracts with MLB soon, so join me in begging htem to stop giving me Boston/NYC.

Well, at least Morel pulled the ball, lol.

White Sox on 17-3 run against Seattle.

Hitting .344 with RISP, versus .197 for the M's.

Outhomering 33-14.

Sox have only won 2 of Humber's last 12 starts. That's not so good.

Edited by caulfield12

Sox go down 1-2-3, Dunn finished inning with ground out on a 3-2 inside fastball.

He roped a 2-2 breaking ball foul down the left field line. Really nice to see him sit back and let the ball get in deep there.