I enjoy this team

Quin

i'm just glad it is over. No more controversy over what Ozzie called someone, or what he said to them. No more twitter battles, and hurt feelings. No more damage control and apologies that aren't really meant. It is kind of nice to see the headlines be about what happens on the field, instead of off of it.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
LOL. Everyone but Ozzie, Folks.

Except for the credit, that is all Ozzie's

Like I said, I've left Ozzie behind and only comment when I get sick of people on here continuing to blast him. Ozzie is gone; I wish people would put him behind except when he's in the news for Castro-like stuff.

This team has already had some similar moments to last year making the team look like the .500 team, give or take 5 games either way, it remains.

Closer troubles; dropped fly balls like Pierre's in April; some guys not hitting at all and people calling for their benching/demotion.

Only thing that's better is Rios had a good month, Dunn has won the Sox some games and the starting pitching has been better.

The team still can't move runners, still tries to bunt once in a while.

Gee the bunt hasn't magically disappeared cause almost all teams do it when the book calls for it.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
Like I said, I've left Ozzie behind and only comment when I get sick of people on here continuing to blast him. Ozzie is gone; I wish people would put him behind except when he's in the news for Castro-like stuff.

This team has already had some similar moments to last year making the team look like the .500 team, give or take 5 games either way, it remains.

Closer troubles; dropped fly balls like Pierre's in April; some guys not hitting at all and people calling for their benching/demotion.

Only thing that's better is Rios had a good month, Dunn has won the Sox some games and the starting pitching has been better.

The team still can't move runners, still tries to bunt once in a while.

Gee the bunt hasn't magically disappeared cause almost all teams do it when the book calls for it.

It isn't going to happen. When you have a new manager, the tendency is going to be to compare him to the previous guy. It is going to be even more so when a guy goes out like Ozzie did.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)
It isn't going to happen. When you have a new manager, the tendency is going to be to compare him to the previous guy. It is going to be even more so when a guy goes out like Ozzie did.

I guess.

As far as in-game strategy, tell me how Ozzie differs from Robin.

Not any difference as far as I can tell.

There's been the same usual b****ing in the game threads w/out the personal attacks on the manager yet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
I guess.

As far as in-game strategy, tell me how Ozzie differs from Robin.

Not any difference as far as I can tell.

There's been the same usual b****ing in the game threads w/out the personal attacks on the manager yet.

Some definite differences in how they handle the pitching staff for sure. Also Ozzie wouldn't pinch hit for veterans late in games. Robin doesn't seem to use the bunt as often early in a game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Some definite differences in how they handle the pitching staff for sure. Also Ozzie wouldn't pinch hit for veterans late in games. Robin doesn't seem to use the bunt as often early in a game.

Good points. The pinch hit thing is definitely different. I can see what you are talking about there.

Actually as a fan I like all 3 of those things. Not crazy about the bunt early in games, but situationally it's fine middle to late game.

I don't see much difference in the pitching staff handling yet that you see.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:04 AM)
Maybe it's the idea of team/teammates, not throwing people under the bus, no drama...without all the outside distractions, there's more of an ability to focus on the game and less time for theatrics and off-field drama. We're only making headlines this year for baseball-related reasons, and that's nice to see.

That's because the expectations are no where near as what they were last year. Under achieving seems to bring a lot of off field drama in any sport.

The last two games for this team were both losses, but also each were a first for the season. The 14 inning affair was a game with a bunch of fundamental mistakes by the Sox - something that hadn't happened yet with this team. Last night was the first real blowout loss.

So, how the team responds in these three remaining games is pretty key to seeing how a Robin-led Sox team will do.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)
I think the Ozzie arguements cursed the thread and it permeated the team's play on the field.

Yeah. I mean does anybody really "enjoy" this team yet?

Only consistent thing about this team so far is it is playing winning ball on the road.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Yeah. I mean does anybody really "enjoy" this team yet?

Only consistent thing about this team so far is it is playing winning ball on the road.

Yeah, there's plenty to enjoy about this team.

Dunn finally being the big donkey we hoped for.

Peavy pitching like an ace.

Jones/Reed/Thornton just destroying hitters.

Paulie.

Chris Sale looking like a heck of a pitcher.

Humber's perfect game.

An exciting leadoff hitter for once.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
If you can't enjoy baseball for the sake of the game itself and the pleasure to be derived from it, why bother?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Yeah, there's plenty to enjoy about this team.

Dunn finally being the big donkey we hoped for.

Peavy pitching like an ace.

Jones/Reed/Thornton just destroying hitters.

Paulie.

Chris Sale looking like a heck of a pitcher.

Humber's perfect game.

An exciting leadoff hitter for once.

1.) That has nothing to do with enjoying this team more than ones of the past 2 years.

2.) Good points. Those are all great things to watch, so many I wonder why our record is not better?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
1.) That has nothing to do with enjoying this team more than ones of the past 2 years.

2.) Good points. Those are all great things to watch, so many I wonder why our record is not better?

Santiago has not been as good as the other relievers. Get those two games back and you are a .600 ball club. (It's early still)

Danks has also been a bit disapponting pitchingwise, and 3 of the infielders have contributed nothing offensively.

I hate four-game series when the Sox are sucking as they are now.

Watching Sunday's game would be agony.

Even if we win, we get one win in the series. Woopie.

Lose and it's the clean sweep. What a dysfunctional team the Sox have.

Can't win at home. Sad.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Remember this thread?

May 4th around 5pm... this team became dead to me.

Hey at least there's a good part of today's bad news.

We shouldn't be worried about blown saves any longer.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 02:26 AM)
Hey at least there's a good part of today's bad news.

We shouldn't be worried about blown saves any longer.

Screw it, there's almost a part of me that hopes Sale absolutely tanks as closer so that they might reconsider their decision.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
Screw it, there's almost a part of me that hopes Sale absolutely tanks as closer so that they might reconsider their decision.

You've held up for so long, don't be that fan now. Win win win White Sox!

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Remember this thread?

May 4th around 5pm... this team became dead to me.

For me they lasted until about 8:30 PM tonight. At this point, I am just gonna keep tuning in to watch Adam Dunn hit home runs to make up for last season. (Ugh, I sound like a 98-02 Cubs fan)

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 02:36 AM)
You've held up for so long, don't be that fan now. Win win win White Sox!

I'm a "go big or go home" believer. Once Sox are eliminated, I'm all for them losing every game they play. It's not a bad thing to move up higher in the draft, as you never know when you'll be able to draft the closer of the future.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm a "go big or go home" believer. Once Sox are eliminated, I'm all for them losing every game they play. It's not a bad thing to move up higher in the draft, as you never know when you'll be able to draft the closer of the future.

You're letting them have it today :)

Bulls also look all but done, another s***ty day in sports.

How many times have the Sox been walked off the last two seasons and five weeks of this season?

How many times have the Sox won in its last at bat, discounting extra innings in that span?

Mental midget baseball team.