I enjoy this team

Quin

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Milkman to start sparking the debate about cheering for the Sox to lose again...?

Attendance won't get much worse. Terrible/atrocious results on the field can only result in KW getting fired or resigning, so pretty much the same situation as last year with Guillen, this year no cover and no fall guy for Reinsdorf to fall back on or rely upon.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
See you next year

I had to vent. It's a 13-14 team that should be 15-12 or 16-11. There's still a lot to like about this team, but they need to get Danks in line and find a way to scratch 4 or more runs across most days. We'll see what happens between now and the break. First step would be to get over .500 and then win some more.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
I had to vent. It's a 13-14 team that should be 15-12 or 16-11. There's still a lot to like about this team, but they need to get Danks in line and find a way to scratch 4 or more runs across most days. We'll see what happens between now and the break. First step would be to get over .500 and then win some more.

By that vein, we should have lost today then. Those kind of games find a way to balance out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)
By that vein, we should have lost today then. Those kind of games find a way to balance out.

Yeah, that's why I said 16-11 or 15-12. The Sox have blown 3 and got 1 back today. So 15-12 if that makes you feel better.

You go 15-12 six times, you win 90 games.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2012 -> 04:23 AM)
I just want to say, this team has literally been the lone bright spot in my life since April 5th. Was supposed to be the Bulls, but life happens.

I enjoy this team still.

At least you still got your health. Oh wait... get better soon. As one of the older members of soxtalk physical ailments suck.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)
I just want to say, this team has literally been the lone bright spot in my life since April 5th. Was supposed to be the Bulls, but life happens.

I enjoy this team still.

Quin I prolly should take this to the filibuster area but what's the treatment for you? Do you take pills? Do they 100 percent take away the seizures?

Why do you get seizures? Is it a brain problem?

Take care.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:32 AM)
At least you still got your health. Oh wait... get better soon. As one of the older members of soxtalk physical ailments suck.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:43 AM)
Quin I prolly should take this to the filibuster area but what's the treatment for you? Do you take pills? Do they 100 percent take away the seizures?

Why do you get seizures? Is it a brain problem?

Take care.

Pills that are supposed to block the seizures...and don't.

No clue why. Doctor couldn't shed light on it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 11, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)

Well obviously you are gonna have to go to another doctor for testing, right?

Are you getting seizures all the time? Are they really bad where you pass out and your life is in danger if u are driving, etc? I'd assume you have had some tests rather than the doctor just saying he has no idea. An MRI of the brain?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 11, 2012 -> 04:46 AM)

This stuff is tricky, a friend of mine struggled to do away with seizures for quite a while. He finally began to manage them with a mixture of medication and a sort of mental therapy -- he learned to "feel" them coming on and "block" them through sheer force of will, for lack of better term. This obviously wasn't the smoothest process but it did work over time and I occasionally will see him zoning out for a second and he tells me he was just focusing to turn off a seizure. Weird stuff.

Best of luck.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 11, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
How many games can you win by scoring 0 runs?

I guess by forfeit, lol. Would the score then be 1-0 or 0-0, officially?

Like Disco Demolition Night, or there was a situation where the White Sox had to give the other team a victory without being able to play the game?

QUOTE (Jake @ May 11, 2012 -> 05:05 PM)
This stuff is tricky, a friend of mine struggled to do away with seizures for quite a while. He finally began to manage them with a mixture of medication and a sort of mental therapy -- he learned to "feel" them coming on and "block" them through sheer force of will, for lack of better term. This obviously wasn't the smoothest process but it did work over time and I occasionally will see him zoning out for a second and he tells me he was just focusing to turn off a seizure. Weird stuff.

Best of luck.

I was thrashing (while awake) and having ones where I didn't black out that I could sense. Those I was able to suppress.

It's the four that have blacked me out that have absolutely decimated me.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
I was thrashing (while awake) and having ones where I didn't black out that I could sense. Those I was able to suppress.

It's the four that have blacked me out that have absolutely decimated me.

You didn't answer. Do you have a lot of tests scheduled or did doctors just say this is something you have to live with?

Sounds like you need a trip to Mayo for full testing, etc.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
You didn't answer. Do you have a lot of tests scheduled or did doctors just say this is something you have to live with?

Sounds like you need a trip to Mayo for full testing, etc.

At the moment, going to my primary doctor tomorrow now that I'm back home. Then going from there.

And while I'd love, love, LOVE to go to Mayo...insurance doesn't cover it. Damn Insurance.

I'm a family practice doc who went to med school at Rush, now living in Colorado. You do not need to go to Mayo. They truly have top notch, world class medical care in the Chicago area. With U of Chicago, Northwestern, Rush, Loyola, and U of Illinois medical schools, the level of expertise is not better anywhere. Push your primary care physician, if he or she cannot help you, to refer you to a neurologist in your area. If that doesn't get the seizures controlled, then the above mentioned medical schools/centers would be the next step. Insurances will have available coverage for the referrals as long as you follow THEIR procedures and work through your primary care physician. If your PCP isn't willing to, or able to, help you or get you to somebody who can, find a different one. Seizure disorder is ALMOST always controllable.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Steve

QUOTE (bobryansson @ May 13, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
I'm a family practice doc who went to med school at Rush, now living in Colorado. You do not need to go to Mayo. They truly have top notch, world class medical care in the Chicago area. With U of Chicago, Northwestern, Rush, Loyola, and U of Illinois medical schools, the level of expertise is not better anywhere. Push your primary care physician, if he or she cannot help you, to refer you to a neurologist in your area. If that doesn't get the seizures controlled, then the above mentioned medical schools/centers would be the next step. Insurances will have available coverage for the referrals as long as you follow THEIR procedures and work through your primary care physician. If your PCP isn't willing to, or able to, help you or get you to somebody who can, find a different one. Seizure disorder is ALMOST always controllable.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Steve

Yea that Quin and don't go anywhere with strobe lights :P