4/22/12 GT Sox @ Mariners 3:10pm, CSN

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (K-Rock @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
Hawk just continuously s***ting on Ozzie...

"what a change"

"the mentality of this team is so different than last year"

I'm glad Ozzie is gone but Hawk is always going to say the company line, whatever it happens to be at any given moment.

QUOTE (K-Rock @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)

"what a change"

He's just being honest...

He's so happy right now...good for him.

"what a change"

Hawk kissed OG ass most of the time he was here.

"what a change"

I'm sure Ozzie is doing his share of s***ting on the Sox players and brass down in Florida.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:31 PM)
If we're in first place in July and Rios and Dunn are both hitting, it's absurd to trade either of them. That's telling your fans they can go f*** themselves.

Would those be the same fans calling for the Sox to release those players? The same fans that produced the smallest paid attendance in 7 years the last home game? If another team is willing to take either contract and the Sox say no, that will eventually turn into a bigger f*** you to the fans than your scenario.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
I understand...but what's to say they don't continue the success? Are you saying they can't win even with these guys producing?

Honestly, yeah, I don't think this team can hang the whole season with the Tigers, and I think a 2nd half slump is inevitable with the guys they're relying on in the starting rotation. The 2nd wild card is the only reason I might reconsider, but I still think the biggest thing that needs to happen is this team needs to be 100% set up going into 2013, which means losing a whole lot more games trying to turn Morel, beckham, and Viciedo into something, and clearing out those incredibly risky contracts if at all possible.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Would those be the same fans calling for the Sox to release those players? The same fans that produced the smallest paid attendance in 7 years the last home game? If another team is willing to take either contract and the Sox say no, that will eventually turn into a bigger f*** you to the fans than your scenario.

None of the above would matter one bit if they're in 1st in July.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
Honestly, yeah, I don't think this team can hang the whole season with the Tigers, and I think a 2nd half slump is inevitable with the guys they're relying on in the starting rotation. The 2nd wild card is the only reason I might reconsider, but I still think the biggest thing that needs to happen is this team needs to be 100% set up going into 2013, which means losing a whole lot more games trying to turn Morel, beckham, and Viciedo into something, and clearing out those incredibly risky contracts if at all possible.

the 2005 team looked like s*** on paper too.

Morel followed by Beckham is just BAD. That was a good inning potentially ruined by these two black holes in the line-up. Christ they look LOST... Gordon's swing on that pitch was so defensive and awful

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)
the 2005 team looked like s*** on paper too.

I didn't think so. I loved that roster coming into the season and had many drunken rants to that effect. That was the most complete roster the Sox had sported any year since 1994.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)

I know you have Extra Innings as well...I haven't seen anyone I'm afraid of other than Texas...

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
Morel followed by Beckham is just BAD. That was a good inning potentially ruined by these two black holes in the line-up. Christ they look LOST... Gordon's swing on that pitch was so defensive and awful

You can carry them as long as we win. Give them time to work through their issues. I see good things coming from those guys. Look at how folks including me were screaming about Dunn and Rios

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
I didn't think so. I loved that roster coming into the season and had many drunken rants to that effect. That was the most complete roster the Sox had sported any year since 1994.

yyyyeah but look at it compared to Detroit or Texas' lineups this year.

we got career years out of uribe, iguchi, pods, and the entire bullpen and rotation.

if we get career years out of the guys on THIS squad - we're an even better team than that one. Not saying that's very likely to happen. Just saying it.