4/22/12 GT Sox @ Mariners 3:10pm, CSN

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
Exactly. It's way too early to tell if any of the questions have been answered.

True...but I think we've seen enough out of Rios to know that he isn't going to hit in the .220's and enough out of Dunn to see that he isn't gonna be in the .150's...don't need Alex at .330 or Adam at .250 to be a contending team. Just need them to not be two of the worst players in baseball. Although two other players have taken their place...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
Also happy to see them not blow up after yesterday's excitement.

Sox lost 6 of 7 after the perfecto in 2009. Lost the first 3 of a four game series in Detroit. After that point, they never recovered.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 12:16 AM)
Exactly. It's way too early to tell if any of the questions have been answered.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 12:27 AM)
True...but I think we've seen enough out of Rios to know that he isn't going to hit in the .220's and enough out of Dunn to see that he isn't gonna be in the .150's...don't need Alex at .330 or Adam at .250 to be a contending team. Just need them to not be two of the worst players in baseball. Although two other players have taken their place...

1.) True, but April is all about not burying yourself and this series was a nice way to get the W/L record looking good. s*** we could have KC's record and I'd be ready for a firesale.

2.) That's true. Dunn is hitting .245 and got another ribbie today?? Wow. And Rios 3-4 with three ribbies and a .333 batting average? My god. He's off to a stellar start. Maybe all the good feelings and pats on the back will rub off and he'll be motivated to have a strong season. I mean even though he gets paid a ton no matter what, I'd think he's feeling pretty good about himself right now. And if what AJ said is true, that his glove was shaking he was so nervous on the fly ball late in the perfect game, that might prove he cares this year.

I'm shocked we won 3. Is this one of those wraparound 4 game series like the one the Royals are getting smoked in, or did we sweep?

Go Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 07:06 PM)
1.) True, but April is all about not burying yourself and this series was a nice way to get the W/L record looking good. s*** we could have KC's record and I'd be ready for a firesale.

2.) That's true. Dunn is hitting .245 and got another ribbie today?? Wow. And Rios 3-4 with three ribbies and a .333 batting average? My god. He's off to a stellar start. Maybe all the good feelings and pats on the back will rub off and he'll be motivated to have a strong season. I mean even though he gets paid a ton no matter what, I'd think he's feeling pretty good about himself right now. And if what AJ said is true, that his glove was shaking he was so nervous on the fly ball late in the perfect game, that might prove he cares this year.

I'm shocked we won 3. Is this one of those wraparound 4 game series like the one the Royals are getting smoked in, or did we sweep?

Go Sox.

I've never seen AJ accused of not caring before. Just watch him and Humber after the game in all the video highlights.

If anything, sometimes he cares too much or gets too emotional. He's playing free and easy this year, last year there was all the tension around the team, the situation with his contract status being up in the air the prior year (possible trade, etc., in mid 2010) and then feeling like he had to justify the new 2 year deal and he's already put up better numbers this year than in 2 full months of 2011 play.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)
Except for when he had all the TV's on college football in the locker room in, what was it, 2010?

But that was because he also cares for the Florida Gators, lol. As someone who's pretty passionate about sports, it's at least understandable. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from baseball and focus on something else.

Next I'm sure we'll have the Giants/card-playing incident raised again.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
I've never seen AJ accused of not caring before. Just watch him and Humber after the game in all the video highlights.

If anything, sometimes he cares too much or gets too emotional. He's playing free and easy this year, last year there was all the tension around the team, the situation with his contract status being up in the air the prior year (possible trade, etc., in mid 2010) and then feeling like he had to justify the new 2 year deal and he's already put up better numbers this year than in 2 full months of 2011 play.

Umm Greg was talking about Rios not AJ you :lookatme

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)

Umm Greg was talking about Rios not AJ.