4/22/12 GT Sox @ Mariners 3:10pm, CSN

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
I love moving Alexei into the two-hole, but why do we have Lillibridge leading off against a RHP? I think it's clear as day that Robin uses very little stats in decision-making.

Assuming De Aza needed a day off for whatever reason, who would you prefer lead off? Just playing devil's advocate.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)
Assuming De Aza needed a day off for whatever reason, who would you prefer lead off? Just playing devil's advocate.

This isn't about Lillibridge leading off. If we were facing a LHP, I'd love to see him bat leadoff. This is about Robin looking not looking ahead multiple days and using his bench ineffectively. We face a lefty on Tuesday, why not just wait until then to rest De Aza? Instead he's playing a guy today that doesn't hit RHP well and giving him the most at-bats.

I understand it can be tricky managing a bench, but it's very simple when to start Lillibridge in the outfield (against LHP) and even Ozzie got this much right. It's just very disappointing that Robin is not taking advantage of Lillibridge's talents against LHP.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
This isn't about Lillibridge leading off. If we were facing a LHP, I'd love to see him bat leadoff. This is about Robin looking not looking ahead multiple days and using his bench ineffectively. We face a lefty on Tuesday, why not just wait until then to rest De Aza? Instead he's playing a guy today that doesn't hit RHP well and giving him the most at-bats.

I understand it can be tricky managing a bench, but it's very simple when to start Lillibridge in the outfield (against LHP) and even Ozzie got this much right. It's just very disappointing that Robin is not taking advantage of Lillibridge's talents against LHP.

I thought there have been saber studies saying the order of a lineup matters not.

I just hope Lilly draws a walk to open the game or rocks a double.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
I thought there have been saber studies saying the order of a lineup matters not.

I just hope Lilly draws a walk to open the game or rocks a double.

It matters in the sense of the fact that the guy at the front of the order gets the most at bats, and the guys right behind him you want being able to drive the first guy or two in.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
It matters in the sense of the fact that the guy at the front of the order gets the most at bats, and the guys right behind him you want being able to drive the first guy or two in.

And Millwood's ERA in the first inning since 2010 is apparently 9.31.