AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 01:00 AM)
I still have no expectations for this team. I'm just taking it a game at a time. They're fun to watch, but I don't think they're a very good baseball team. Time will tell. For now, I'm going to enjoy it.

They're a good power-hitting veteran 3B away from playoff contention.

If there was to be a pick-up, it would be a veteran type of player like Edwin Encarnacion or Rolen (just examples) finishing their contract out this season...and playing for a non-contending team, but we're at least 2 1/2 months away from that discussion.

Maybe they're discussing it internally a bit, but surely Ventura and KW will give Morel, Beckham and Viciedo every opportunity to prove themselves the first 3-4 months before any moves are made.

Holy crap, Peavy looks legit. So, this is the guy we were expecting when the trade happened? Maybe having that muscle detach was one of the better things to happen for him. He looks downright dominant.

Dunn with another bomb. Another example of "Oh, so this is what the guy is supposed to do."

And Rios? Really? His swing looks so much better. And I think I saw him smile once or twice, too.

It's scary to see those three guys (locally known as the "Bums" in Kansas) performing like this. If they can maintain, this team is so much better than most people thought.

Hell Yes. That might have been the first time since I was a kid that I fell asleep before a Sox game ended (on central time for the first time since 1995) but was glad to wake up to a complete game shut-out from Peavy.

I don't even care if he's contract year pitching, it'll do...

Gavin needs to f***ing MAN UP and pitch his ass off. Or, just hope that the Sox can slug it out if he s***s the bed...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Not to mention with the attendance, we sure as hell aren't adding payroll.

I'd bet that with the pre-season salary cuts, there's probably still "Some" room to add salary come July if we want to go that way...but I'm not going to guess how much.

At least if we went by the Forbes numbers, there was still profitability last year, and with $20 million in salary cuts, some of that ought to be available if the team really stays in contention.

Big if there though.