Official 8-13-03 Game Thread vs. Anaheim

Capn12

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one. Four man rotation...

NOpe...wrong answer....all the starters have voiced their opinions against it, and we don't need 4 tired starters if we happen to make the playoffs.

In other news, looks like Pop-Up King Thomas is back, at least for a couple days. Frank always decides to change his hitting approach, no matter what is working for him....I am confused at his approach most of the time.

OK,..tell me how many teams in the majors right now have 4-man rotations, and tell me how many SUCCESSFUL teams have them. You CAN'T do it right now, these guys have been pitching tons of innings. Buehrle and COlon are both in the top 10 in the AL in IP. We don't need to put anymore strain on these 2 arms.

Great. Wonderful. Lets have five well rested starters and not make the playoffs. Cotts shouldnt be here now. If it wasnt for Wright, we coulda killed the pen and lost the game. Cotts is too risky...

And how many Innings were pitched in the 60's and 70's when there was 4 rotations.

The Average was 250

Aaron robs Benji Molina of a HR on a high towering drive to center field. Nice jump at the wall to bring it back.

Then with two outs I think Wooten singled up the middle and Spezio came around third. Rowand guns him out at the plate by a good fifteen feet.

He saved a couple of runs that inning and then went on to a score run the next inning.

Can one of you guys with a TV give some details on Rowand's defensive heroics in the second inning?  Tks.

Jim...with one on, one out...Molina hit one to straight away centerfield and ARow wen back to the wall, set up, and made the leaping catch to rob the HR. Then, with 2 outs and runners on 2nd and 1st..someone got a basehit to CF, ARow charged it, made a one hop throw to home and gunned down Spezio for the final out...pretty solid plays.

I love these Burly gems.  The ones that go fast and we win.  I have no need for drama.

Yeah, in the 2nd inning I started thinking, "Uh-oh...doesn't look like Mark has his good stuff tonight." But apparently I was a little premature...He is starting to deal now.

Yeah, in the 2nd inning I started thinking, "Uh-oh...doesn't look like Mark has his good stuff tonight." But apparently I was a little premature...He is starting to deal now.

He was having his game agst Seattle and...in one inning he suddenly gives up 6 runs.