4/24/12 GT Sox @ A's 9:05pm, WGN

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Matt Thornton continues to get decimated by the Oakland A's.

Tough luck possible loss for Gavin Floyd here.

Did Ventura really want to face Suzuki there? I mean...he's under 200, but one of their better clutch RBI guys.

2 Aprils in a row for Matt against the A's.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)
Should be seeing AJP leading off with Dunn batting 3rd next inning.

Yes. Ventura should get that one right. Hopefully he learns from that mistake. Based on how quick he moved Morel down...he doesn't appear to be as thick-headed as our previous manager, so I think he will learn his lesson.

Meh, Matt just needs to throw something other than the same pitch in the same spot repeatedly.

Again, I don't see why there is some illusion that Thornton should only pitch to lefties. I understand he's not a ground ball pitcher, but he is a strikeout pitcher and our shutdown guy late in games. That is absolutely his situation to come in.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 05:24 AM)
Meh, Matt just needs to throw something other than the same pitch in the same spot repeatedly.

Again, I don't see why there is some illusion that Thornton should only pitch to lefties. I understand he's not a ground ball pitcher, but he is a strikeout pitcher and our shutdown guy late in games. That is absolutely his situation to come in.

The bigger issue is Gavin should have never started that inning.